Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GotOne

used telephone poles

4 posts in this topic

Just finished a box stand and need legs for it. A friend told me about a place on hwy 10 that he thought was somewhere south of St. Cloud that sells old telephone poles. He alo said that they will cut them to size. Anybody know of such a place. The land I hunt is up by Grygla and if possible I would actually like to get something up that way so I don't have to haul them up that far-any ideas up in the north country where I might find something. I need 4"x6" x 12' or 14' (treated) lumber. Thanks in advance.

Actually the company that is doing all the upgrades to powerpoles is giving them away free. Most of them are cut in half, I just got many free ones from the work around here.

Get some infor from the people that is working in the field, otherwise one of the largest contractor is Michaels

any coop usually has used poles for sale or free. usually you have to pick up/cut/haul. my local coop sells them for $1 each. look up the coop where you are wanting to put it, and see if they have any.

The place on hwy 10 does exist. You can't miss it. Just a few miles outside of St. Cloud. Never stopped in there but it is right on the hiway. It looks like they also have milled boards like 2x4's made out of old poles.