• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report with pics 10-05-06

18 inch Crappie

After looking at the wind for this weekend and all the yahoo's that will be bobber fishing on my trolling runs this weekend. I went up last night. With winds at 6mph out of the s/sse I thought it would be a good night to hit the East side, hard to do sometimes in the fall with the wind comming out of the west this time of year. We started out with 3 fish in the first pass all slots for dinner. Then my friend Kevin lands this nice 20" smillie.

1000139bj8.jpg

Later on the same spot, I get what I think is the same kind of fish, by the was it came in, but in this photo you can see that it was not, but a nice 27 1/2" with a relese shot also.

[image]100_0142.jpg[/image]

[image]100_0143.jpg[/image]

All in all it was a good night till the wind kicked up about 10 and made it hard to keep a trolling speed with 2-3 footers. But for the 3 hours we were out there we went home with our 8 and some nice pics of some great fish.

[image]100_0144.jpg[/image]

Nice fish, I was wishing I was up there last night and the night before. The wind report for this weekend really blows!!! mad.gif

my hats off to you 18 inch crappie!

nice fishing!

i tried trolling in 2 to 3 footers today starting at 2:00pm. its tough controlling the boat and keeping a bait down on the bottom. it was good practice. about 5:00 i went out to indian point, found the spot and...sorry...bobber fished. it took 3 times with 2 anchors to get it. maybe 3-4ft waves? there were a couple trollers out there but they seemed to be deeper...oops? i was anchored in 9-10ft as close as i could tell. at about 10:00 i packed it in and headed back to eddy's. wow! what an extravangza! south and north of there following the shore, it was packed with trollers. i was very tempted, the wind was reasonable and the moon was incredible. my physical clock just wasnt quite up to it though. people were just launching too.

i caught a 23" and had one on for about 10 or 15 seconds that was remenicent of some big ones ive caught. nothing like you guys get, but for me it was good trip.

i also talked with a captain at eddy's before hand. he said he has gone out everyday this year! im in awh!

looking forward to reading everyones reports...

regards,

minnesotatuff