Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eyeguy86

Full moon crankin bemidji

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there are many people that troll cranks at night this week on bemidji, and how they are doing. or if there are much better lakes in the area for that. we thought about cass but saw a few nets last time we were out there its bad enough during the day much less at night.

ususally get a couple casting cranks from shore, so i dont see why you wouldnt get them trolling, in fact i am heading out there right now to throw some cranks

Pretty much any good walleye lake is getting the eyes right now. Anywhere from 40' to 7' the fish are. They are scattered too but looking for some food.

Go get 'em!

Eyeguy, I have not fished Bemidji recently, but have put in alot of time night-trolling on Lake Bemidji in years past (lived in Bemidji for 7 years). The week before and after the full moon in October was by far the best big fish bite of the year, for me. I did get into some good big-fish bites fishing muskys but nothing that you could predict or count on. This was not a numbers thing, only catching 3-5 fish a night, but average fish were 5-9lbs., unless you were at the river mouth where numbers were better but pressure was greater as well. We would concentrate on the rock-pile and grassy island, not secret spots by any means, but at 3am are pretty quiet. Husky jerks and Rogues were our favorites, trolled in 10- 12 ft. of water, about 1.5 mph with lots of s-curves. Hope this helps, good luck

Two buddies went out last Thurs. night and pulled cranks from 8-11. Caught 20 fish, keeping their limits. They pulled Salmo Hornets, size 4, on a well known bar... Two over 20" they had to throw back, the rest were all perfect eaters.

Hello Matt! Glad to see you around a bit! What's new? I'll have to e-mail you to catch up a bit.

Talk to you later,

Corey Bechtold

p.s

What the heck is your avitar? Is it a stray cat you tagged at 75mph on the highway?

Yeah, it's your cat... Haha, jk. It's a grouse and 3 woodcock.

Yeah, e-mail me for sure, it's been awhile!!

You should come up for some monster crappies again early ice!

No! Not you Mister Kitty!!! grin.gif

I'm definately "in" for some early Ice Crappies!!!

I'll e-mail you later,

Corey Bechtold