Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dag_1979

2006 Wyoming Mule Deer Hunt Pics...

10 posts in this topic

This first mulie is a 5x5 I shot opening morning. My cousin and I glassed 4 bucks feeding near an alfalfa field for about an hour, and I decided to take this buck over the other smaller bucks which included a huge 3x3, a smaller 4x4, and a very small 2x2. We put a stalk on, decided on a ravine leading away from the alfalfa field with the wind in our favor, and the bucks came right to us! The big buck gave me an 80 yard shot.

wyoming2006006pq2.jpg

This next buck was taken on opening day also, and was by far the closest shot I have ever seen anyone have the opportunity to take. This a Jeff with a nice 5x4 taken at 7 yds with his 7mm mag encore. Yes, thats right I said 7 yds. He played the wind perfect after we watched the buck bed down, and put on an awesome stalk.

wyoming2006012nb7.jpg

This pic is a nice 4x4 my brother took on the 2nd day of the hunt. Not too sure on the details to this hunt because I wasn't there, but I believe the buck was shot around 125 yds with his .243. Very unique buck either way.

wyoming2006016ko1.jpg

Nice job, I think I'm heading out to Wyoming next season to do the same, what part of the state did you hunt?

Nice deer!!!

We hunted NE corner of state, near Newcastle. All deer came off public ground.

Awesome Dag!

We are headed to SE Montana on Oct 20 for Mulies. I hope I can harvest one like yours!

Man I cant wait.

Nice Mulies, after we stay in Deadwood for the nite, we go thru Newcastle on the way out, looks like nice country to hunt Mulies.

It's gettin' close now, we leave the 18th !!! Can't wait!

Dag:

Does the Jeff in that picture happen to be from the St. Cloud area? If that is him...I know him well.

Thanks!

He is a dandy Dag. Congrats. Boy you guys went early. We used to hunt up by Hulett and it always opened Nov 1. Did they change their seasons now? Been about 6-7 years since I was there.

The Jeff in the picture is from Emmons Mn. We have been hunting the opener (Oct 1) for the last 15 yrs, I believe it is general region B.

Wrong Jeff...coincedental that he looks like and has the same name as the Jeff I thought it was.

Thanks!