Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MinnesotaMuskie

Texas Boars & Bucks

4 posts in this topic

I was down to Boerne, TX last week for work. Had an opportunity to hunt boars. Boys are they mean and smelly. The small ones, 100-125 a great eaters..any larger on they are pretty bad.

I was amazed at the damage they can do in a small time and the speed at whith they reproduce. This is a trip I will do again.

I was able to watch several nice Whitetails, Fallows, and Black Bucks. Some of these places are meat markets...some have 5,000-10,000 acres of land.

Neat experience. A bit sad as it appears the average person in Texas has vey little land to hunt.

I will post pics of my boars.

I had the opportunity to hunt at a ranch in boerne TX for a 9 day hunt a few years ago we went pig hunting at night using dogs and knifes were the weapon of choice but we also hunted alot of other animals durning the day is was a blast.

Read a lot about these hunts but never done one. They look fun and from what I hear they are inexpensive. What is the cost and how late in the year can you do it?

Prices vary widely...pretty much all year round. Much depends upon what other animals you are hunting.

I cannot volunteer much more info due to my position and association with these vendors and out of respect for forum policy.

I can tell you it is great.