Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MinnesotaMuskie

Texas Boars & Bucks

4 posts in this topic

I was down to Boerne, TX last week for work. Had an opportunity to hunt boars. Boys are they mean and smelly. The small ones, 100-125 a great eaters..any larger on they are pretty bad.

I was amazed at the damage they can do in a small time and the speed at whith they reproduce. This is a trip I will do again.

I was able to watch several nice Whitetails, Fallows, and Black Bucks. Some of these places are meat markets...some have 5,000-10,000 acres of land.

Neat experience. A bit sad as it appears the average person in Texas has vey little land to hunt.

I will post pics of my boars.

I had the opportunity to hunt at a ranch in boerne TX for a 9 day hunt a few years ago we went pig hunting at night using dogs and knifes were the weapon of choice but we also hunted alot of other animals durning the day is was a blast.

Read a lot about these hunts but never done one. They look fun and from what I hear they are inexpensive. What is the cost and how late in the year can you do it?

Prices vary widely...pretty much all year round. Much depends upon what other animals you are hunting.

I cannot volunteer much more info due to my position and association with these vendors and out of respect for forum policy.

I can tell you it is great.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SkunkedAgain

Posted

Oh man, I forgot about the South Switch. I haven't been there in close to fifteen years. I doubt that it's changed.....maybe I'll head there tomorrow night!

• Not lately but a buddy got 3 in big fork yesterday... No dog just him walking

• MrSchrute

Posted

Anyone been out lately? I normally wait until the leaves start dropping but am getting the itch to get out pretty bad.

• delcecchi

Posted

Prices a little high there too....   Come on down to the switch or the crescent.  

Didn't Bayview try the upscale dining thing a few years ago? 

• eyeguy 54

Posted

I miss ice fishing there

1 person likes this
    • BartmanMN

Posted

Where are all the Duck reports from the almighty Pelican? 

Did all this rain fill the lake back up?  I haven't driven by at all. 

I bet the crappies and gills are growing nicely.   Soon enough.

1 person likes this
    • Big Kype

Posted

Yep it is the 3 S's - I just don't think a lot of people are going to be grouse hunting with a shovel - but not a bad idea.

• BringAnExtension

Posted

Thank you gentlemen.  I knew I'd get a quick answer!

• NorthwoodKing

Posted

St. Croix Avid 6’6” Med - spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 6’ Med – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 7’ Med – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 6’ Med lite Fast – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier glass/graphite Moderate – trolling $75

Fenwick Eagle 6’6” Med Fast – spinning $75

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6925 $70

Daiwa Sealine SG17LC3B $75

• leech~~

Posted

17 hours ago, phillyfacks said:

We've got a cabin up on Pelican and I've definitely noticed less cormorants on the lake this summer.  The state did grant the owner of Gooseberry Island a permit to kill cormorants, which was done this Spring.  I talked to a DNR officer on the lake this summer and he said they had shot almost 400 birds, I don't recall the exact numbers but it was somewhere between 350-400. 

Thanks for the Update, I think that I did see less birds out on Edwards as well later this summer. Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring! :)

1 person likes this