Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prov1900

Where to Go...Ely?

5 posts in this topic

My better half and I are going to Duluth/Ely for a romantic getaway. OK, lets get real. Romance is cool only when there is no fishing to be had, and since I am going to Ely, what are you going to do? Leaving the boat at home, so I am feeling kind of depressed. Is there a place in town, that anyone here would recommend, for an outfitted day trip (boat or canoe)? What lake and what's biting? Leaving Thursday, staying in Ely on Friday. Thanks for any help.

Try one of the resorts on Moose Lake...You can fish the moose chain or do the motorized portage into basswood

I'd say Moose chain also. You should be able to find an area guide or rent a boat and motor for the day.

You could also go to the Grand Ely Lodge and rent a boat or pontoon on Shagawa for the day. It's right on the edge of town. Talk to Jim Carlson and he'll get you set up.

been catching a few northerns and largemouths out on moose. there is a guide out here he is also a realator in town....there is canadian border outfitters on moose, they're my neighbor,heck i'd probably even rent my boat thats sitting on moose out!!!!College kid can always use money and i got class all day fri anyway