Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Windy City Walleye Hunter

See any good games, last night?

11 posts in this topic

I saw a game that was OK I guess. Da Bears squeeked out another win. Seahawks were pretty tough, I though the Bears were in trouble.....UNTIL THE GAME STARTED! DA BEARS.

Windy

I won a free lunch betting on that game!! Who said betting ruins families? I say it feeds them! Too bad the Vikes outplayed them and gave the game away vs the Bears the week earlier.... just sad

By chance were you watching the game with any White Sox players, My bet is all of them. Hee Hee Haa Go Twins!!!!

OK, obviously by my avatar and username you know I'm a cheesehead. So you can also guess that I am a big Favre fan and I would argue that he's still got it. I find all of the jokes about Madden's love affair with him amusing but have always been the first to say that its not Favre's doing. In fact if I was Brett, I would call Madden and tell him to keep my name out of his mouth because it just gets embarrassing after awhile. OK, so having said all of this, I have got to admit that Madden was just out of control with the Rex "Brett Favre" Grossman references last night. OMG, I counted at least five times, and I'm sure I missed a few. Even Collinsworth jumped on the bandwagon! Maybe one comparison would be OK...but over and over just gets sickening. And it happens during a game that doesn't even feature the Packers. Madden, please "relieve yourself" with a copy of the Packers media guide or something before going on camera next time. blush.gif My goodness!

Oh yeah, and kudos to the Bears. I am finding it hard to deny that they might actually be for real this year! I know the Bears-Packers rivalry is huge and all, but I would still rather have the Bears go than those bloody Vikings!

I missed it, was driving home from watching the twins win the division.

I was shocked when I saw the score. That is impressive, especially against seattle.

Better cross your fingers and hope they dont fade to black like the white sox did.

Green and Gold, that was a refreshing post... the part about Madden needing to just shut up! I heard that and starting laughing! He sounded like a drunk fool with that horrid babbling! He said... "you see how Rex rolled right looking for the short pass and when it wasn't thee looked deep and heaved it downfield, just like Brett Favre does"!!! OH MY GAHD is what went through my mind and he continues to lose credibility with me....

P.S. Favre can't play one good game and be considered back right? I still think any team that gets a rush on him will force him into Favre, err, I mean dumb mistakes.

Quote:

OK, obviously by my avatar and username you know I'm a cheesehead. So you can also guess that I am a big Favre fan and I would argue that he's still got it. I find all of the jokes about Madden's love affair with him amusing but have always been the first to say that its not Favre's doing. In fact if I was Brett, I would call Madden and tell him to keep my name out of his mouth because it just gets embarrassing after awhile. OK, so having said all of this, I have got to admit that Madden was just out of control with the Rex "Brett Favre" Grossman references last night. OMG, I counted at least five times, and I'm sure I missed a few. Even Collinsworth jumped on the bandwagon! Maybe one comparison would be OK...but over and over just gets sickening. And it happens during a game that doesn't even feature the Packers. Madden, please "relieve yourself" with a copy of the Packers media guide or something before going on camera next time.
blush.gif
My goodness!

Oh yeah, and kudos to the Bears. I am finding it hard to deny that they might actually be for real this year! I know the Bears-Packers rivalry is huge and all, but I would still rather have the Bears go than those bloody Vikings!

Green and Gold thank you for the above post. As a life long fan of Da Bears and football in general I have been beatin to death with the Madden comments for far too long during Bears/Packers meetings and Monday nightgames in general for far too long.

Just beacuse Rex is throwing off his back foot and jumping around after releasing a pass does not mean he looks like or is immitating Favre.

When he started that crap last night I looked at my wife and shook my head, she just smiled at me, no words needed.

I was waiting for the comparisons of Brett and Rex with the other standards:

"Brett is like a big kid out there..."

"Brett just has fun..."

"Brett was just trying too hard, his competitive spirit got in the way..."

I've always wondered if John Madden tries to talk to Bret Favre while standing at the urinal. Which, we all know, is against the man code.

I think Madden probably tries to do a lot more than just talk to Favre while standing at the urinal. shocked.gif

I noticed his Favre comments too last night and thought what in the heck is he doing talking about Favre?

Overall he has been an entertaining guy to listen to in his earlier days, but dementia is a cunning and baffling foe. Hope that's not the reason. I guess he won't be doing tonight's game, so maybe he had to get it outta his system???????????

Yes Windy, that was nothing short of a beat down. I have never seen Hasselback look so frustrated. The Bears schedule is fairly light. They should have an excellent record.

I do see one similarity with Farve. Grossman sees an open reciever where only he and Farve would. If the Bears are to be upset, it will because Rexxy runs out of luck and has a three pick game. All that said, Grossman looks very poised out there. If he stays healthy the NFC Championship game is in their future.