Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Ice season wish list

11 posts in this topic

What are all the items on your wish list.

Mine are

1-Marcum LX5-ordered. smile.gif

2-Drop wheel 18' fish house

3-Single man portable for the thin ice.My two man is too heavy to pull a long distance.

4-Early ice.

early ice and then no warm up- just a good old fashioned winter-- one where you can leave the shack out a while without worrying that it will fall in

You've got that right.Its been a few years since that happened.

I will grin.gif settle for an lx-3

HL, drop me an e-mail

boilerguy_1 at yahoo (Contact Us Please)

{Please read forum policy before posting again,Thanks]

boilerguy,shoot me a e-mail as I tried to send you one and it always gets sent back.

[Please read forum policy before posting again.Thank-You]

Tim,please shoot me a e-mail as the one I sent to you was not deliverable.

my wish list consists of the following items:

leaf springs for the axles of my permanent

lights for my permanent

a new portable (one man isnt going to cut it anymore now that the girlfriend is hooked)

a honda 400cc or larger atv with 4x4, winch and plow

a larger sled bed to haul two sleds or atvs and fishing gear

a chip for my truck so i can better turn the 33" tires through the drifts.

How about the fish co-operating??? grin.gifgrin.gif

I'm happy with time to be actually on the ice!!!!

Cooperating fish would be nice, too.

ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Rick
      The Department of Natural Resources designated the state’s third groundwater management area this week. The Straight River Groundwater Management Area in northwestern Minnesota includes parts of southern Clearwater, northeast Becker, southwest Hubbard and northwest Wadena counties. Cities within the boundary include Park Rapids, Osage and Ponsford.  In addition to the designation, the DNR approved a management plan for it. The plan lays out five objectives with specific actions the DNR will take to ensure that use of groundwater remains sustainable within the area. The plan was developed over several years with the help of an internal DNR project team, an advisory team of external stakeholders, and additional public review and discussion. “With more than 10,000 lakes, thousands of miles of rivers and streams, and many thousands of acres of wetlands, it might be natural to think that our water is essentially unlimited,” said DNR Commissioner Tom Landwehr. “But in some parts of the state, the unseen, underground aquifers that make up our groundwater resources are under pressure to meet growing needs for domestic water supplies, irrigation, industrial and other uses. These groundwater resources also are interconnected with lakes, streams and wetlands that we value for commerce, recreation, and water supplies. Those surface waters also provide the habitat needed by many animals and plants. If we are not careful in how we use water, both economic development and ecosystems could be put at risk.” The plan provides a framework within which the DNR will work with major water users, including municipalities and agricultural irrigators, to use groundwater sustainably. This cooperative effort will promote conservation, protect surface waters and water quality, improve the groundwater appropriations permitting process, and help resolve any conflicts that might arise among users. This is one of three groundwater management areas being established around Minnesota. The other two are in the north and east metropolitan area and in the Bonanza Valley near Paynesville in west-central Minnesota. More information, including plans and maps for the Straight River Groundwater Management Area, can be found at on the management area webpage. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • leech~~
        Yes and going to the game on Sat.  Good thing I didn't buy the tickets!  Lol  
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I've never herd of any tullibee being caught from open water. Doesn't mean it's not possible but I'm not going to say you can go out and slay em. Hopefully others chime in and answer you question with certainty. 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I would say it's fine. M-MH are very good for many things just need to be careful when throwing things heavy if it's close to the max lure weight. That's when bad things happen. Didn't really answer your question but hope that helps.
    • HunterFisher11
      Ok wanted to try fishing Tulibee icefishing but just have run out of time, my question is it possible to fish them in the summer? And the best way to do it? Thanks!!!!