Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Wish List

16 posts in this topic

Daiwa Steez

Daiwa Steez Casting Reel Item:2UG-121526

$449.95

Kistler LTX 2

Kistler Helium II LTX Casting Rods Item:IG-120909

$329.99

Merchandise Total: $779.94 OUCH

You know, I'm a guy to spend money on top notch equipment. With fishing gear, specifically rods & reels, you do have to spend some $$$ to get gear that will definitely help you out. But somewhere along the line, I believe you start to lose your return on that investment.

Guess I could buy (3) St. Croix Avid rods with moderately priced, yet high quality, reels for about the investment you'll have in that combo.

And this will help you catch more/bigger fish??

Thats why I said "Wish List: grin.gif

Quote:

Guess I could buy (3) St. Croix Avid rods with moderately priced, yet high quality, reels for about the investment you'll have in that combo.

Nope, not at all grin.gif

Quote:

And this will help you catch more/bigger fish??

That would buy a lot of beer...unforutantely beer will not help you catch fish either, but, you will be able to enjoy not catching anything all that much more. grin.gif

Quote:

That would buy a lot of beer...unforutantely beer will not help you catch fish either, but, you will be able to enjoy not catching anything all that much more.
grin.gif

Yep!

You might want to look at the Shimano Crucial rods. I think they are a sleeper on the market. I bought one last year and love it. Was going to buy a rod 3 times as much but glad I didn't.

Wow.. Apparently images can't be posted on FM anymore either......................................................................................................................................

in response to stmichales answer... au contrare my fishing friend beer WILL help you catch fish!!! If ur hungover you fish slower which is a good thing if you are a bass fisherman lol grin.gif

Basssmasher,

SHHHHHH... Your are giving away key Bass fishing methods, my first post was in regards to Walleye fishing, the following day is for Bass fishing. grin.gifgrin.gif

REMEMBER: Keep it on the down low. wink.gif

Ok St. i will shut the h e double hockeystikz up from now on!! grin.gif... i dont know how to fish anyway

Quote:

Ok St. i will shut the h e double hockeystikz up from now on!! ... i dont know how to fish anyway

shocked.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

nah that would be too easy.. I'm not gunna shut up!! laugh.gif

I was going to say it is okay if you shut up, just make sure you keep on typing. cool.gif

tongue.gif