Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yankee

perch fishing

1 post in this topic

anyword on if the perch are biting anywhere on leech

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• BulldogInTC
      Finally making it up this weekend to the cabin since January.  Looks like hit and miss weather conditions over the weekend, but I'm hoping to get some decent time in the boat...as long as the father-in-law isn't cracking the whip too hard  . That's good to hear about the success in Frazier, Matt.  Always seems like we are fighting for walleyes, but I'm hoping to change that and try a few new spots this weekend.  Hope everyone has a safe and good fishing holiday weekend.
    • Muzzy33
      We are from Indiana (land of terrible eye fishing). Staying in a cabin in the oak narrows June 3-10.  This is our fourth year fishing the big V, but have always fished the westside.  Never had great walleye fishing yet.  We normally stay father on the westside like around wolf Bay or Norwegian, so we wanted to find a cabin closer to the Eastside.  Figured the narrows would be closer so we can fish spots on the west side that we've already learned and also venture to the east where I've heard the walleye fishing is better for keeper walleyes.  I'm looking for any tips or locations to try.  Maybe someone could help us out.  It would be much appreciated.  Thank you
    • Muzzy33
      We are from Indiana (land of terrible eye fishing). Staying in a cabin in the oak narrows June 3-10.  This is our fourth year fishing the big V, but have always fished the westside.  Never had great walleye fishing yet.  We normally stay father on the westside like around wolf Bay or Norwegian, so we wanted to find a cabin closer to the Eastside.  Figured the narrows would be closer so we can fish spots on the west side that we've already learned and also venture to the east where I've heard the walleye fishing is better for keeper walleyes.  I'm looking for any tips or locations to try.  Maybe someone could help us out.  It would be much appreciated.  Thank you
    • Sherman
      Holland
    • 1eyeReD
      Thanks LucasMN!! I will throw you a personal fishin report when I'm done.
    • Luke jones
      Hi everyone I am new to this chat. I was wondering what stage you think the panfish are in right now anything helps. Thanks Luke
    • LucasMN
      There is spots in the parking lot for roughly 7 vehicles with trailers. When that's full, you can park on the side of the road leading up to the access (I don't know if it's legal but have never seen tickets given out nor have I received one). The access is fairly steep but  in good shape. A 16ft will go up/down and launch no problem. 20'+ fish houses can make it up and down.    The access on the south side (past the Bear trap) on Highway 71 has much more parking and is a flat landing with 2 docks.   Water clarity is good. Fishing is mediocre. 
    • Dune27
      Haven't tried fishing there but I would love to go there someday.
    • neptune
      Basskisser, You will love the lake. Compared to other sizeable lakes in MN the traffic is much lower.  Plus Vermilion has so much shoreline with great bays everywhere.  I always have a rod rigged with a Rapala DT6 in red crawdad color and another set up with a fintech jig and tube in either a crawdad brown or green pumpkin.  The Rap works great if you want to cover water and just bounce it down a rocky shoreline.  The tube is perfect for throwing under docks or submerged rocks that your sonar points out.  Good luck and have fun.  There is some great bass fishing on Vermilion.
    • ZachD