Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rickwags32

Heading to Crane Wed the 26th Any Ideas?

4 posts in this topic

I have a group of friends heading up for the weekend. Any tips or hotspots would be appreciated.

dress really warm

I was there last week end, we found lots of fish in Hammer Bay we had 10 walleyes Sat. You could graph tons of fish in 32-34 feet but they didn't want to bite. The fish we cought were heading up to the shallower water 8-12 feet. They short bit jigs and hammered the minnow on a spinner. I had a fire tiger that couhg the most between us. We also cought a few northerns fishing the same way. The fish really were on the move. It seemed each hour would bring a different size class fish or type. Rainbows and lite pike minnows did better than chubs for us, Nothing on leaches.

The warden said that the crappies were starting at the mouth of Swansons Bay I believe he said. We didn't have time to try for them.

Hire a guide and fish in a crestliner, that's what I would do grin.gif Wish I was with you guys.