Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scalescratcher

LMS-480

4 posts in this topic

My LMS-480 which is only a year old has begun to go wacko! The unit works fine and then it will suddenly begin with a constant beeping tone and screen flash. Sometimes it will continue until I power it down and turn it back on, other times it beeps for awhile and then stops. Anyone else seen this?

Nope, havn't heard that one.. but I too have a LMS480 that I am waiting till winter to send in for repairs..it will freeze up and I have to turn it off and then back on again. I think there is a softwear issue with the unit.. but not 100% sure.

Try rebooting the sounder by holding in the up and down zoom while pressing the power button. Check the battery connections and voltage. Is there a accessory that is drawing power when this happens?

Your warranty is good for one year. Visit the Lowrance site and get a RA# before that period it up.

Thanks for the input guys! When I wired this last year I ran the power through the fuse block. The problem seems to be more common when there's moisture involved, either rain or early morning dampness. I'll try the reboot and check voltage as suggested. Other accessories don't seem to be any consistent issue as it works fine for hours on end sometimes but at other times beeps incessantly.