Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Jones

9-25-06 Report

1 post in this topic

Hi folks,

Recent fishing has been great and it should only be getting better from here. Water temp is at 58-59 on the main lake right now and the water level is still bad to worse.

Musky fishing has been good, many nice fish caught in the tourney this past weekend. My partner and I boated a 38.25 inch and a huge fish that we were stalking attempted to eat my top-water bait with ten minutes to go on day 2!! Of course she missed it by about five inches…maybe next year! Clients and I have been moving fish on cabbage and rocks/sand for the most part. Reed bite has been poor when I have tried them so maybe it is just me or are others seeing it too?

Walleye and jumbo perch action has also been good too. Walleye are scattered at all depths and the perch have been in the 7-11 foot zone. Jigs and minnows or a lindy rig are doing the trick.

If you like big pike now is the time. I have stuck a few fatties as of late with very impressive girths already. Jerkbaits and gliders being the best producers, rubber baits are great too if you don’t mind pike trashing them.

Hope you are all having a great fall! With the baby getting here soon it is harder to get on the pc and do these reports. I will do the best I can though.