Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Walerak

Paul S

1 post in this topic

Send me an e-mail. I do not have yours anymore.

mw

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Knowknot
      That sounds encouraging. Did you notice all the dead carp on shore? I wonder what's up with that, a virus or something maybe?
    • eyeguy 54
      thats a good priority    
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I've never trout fished in MN and was hoping to get some help as a newcomer to the state. I know there are a lot of streams but I've also read that DNR info on them is often out of date and I dont want to drive an hour or more to a desolate stream.    Most seem to either have only browns or only small brooks. I really am after some medium size, 12 to 14 inches, rainbow trout for the smoker so I definitely will release any big browns if I catch one.    I've got waders and a kayak and am willing to do what is necessary to get to good, less pressured water.    Bonus offer, I have 2 very stable fishing kayaks, you can stand up in them, and would be more than happy to let you use one if you wanted to organize a float down river in exchange for showing me a decent spot to get some rainbows. Any takers or advice?    Edit - I live in Andover and would prefer to keep the drive below an hour and a half unless it's a well worth while stretch of water. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      That's a really neat boat
    • kunzi26
      Unfortunately as close as I came to pulling the trigger I'm going to put it off until next year (might be getting my hands on a little boat later this year though). Buddy of mine has a canoe that we're going to rig up best we can and get out a few times. I'll be buying some decent waders instead and adventuring out that way into the river. 

Thanks for the advice, it's killing me that I can't get out on the water! House downpayment takes priority though... unfortunately.