Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SledNeck

My Son's very first Grouse

14 posts in this topic

One shot one kill with his very own brand new 20 gauge. (he's 8 years old)

fg1.jpg

fg3.jpg

fg6.jpg

Wow.

And so begins a lifetime obsession.

Congratulations to all. Proud papa no doubt!

Congrats sledneck jr. its awsome to see kids take up the sport. keep him at it.

Congrats!!!!!

Awesome! Pretty impressive shooting for a young man. Maybe he could teach me a thing or two! Congratulations!

Great Pics. I love to see young hunters having a great time. Also looks like a very nice size grouse.

Is that a youth 870 he is using? I have a youth 870 my dad bought me about 15 years ago that I still use once in awhile. Out off all the guns in my collection that one brings back the most memories.

Thanks for sharing smile.gif

Very nice!!! Congratulations!

Enjoy the memory; congradulations!

COOL! congrats...

Very nice, a memory that will stick with you both forever.

Best guess is that picture will be in a frame and on his dresser for a long time.

Sifty

Quote:

Great Pics. I love to see young hunters having a great time. Also looks like a very nice size grouse.

Is that a youth 870 he is using? I have a youth 870 my dad bought me about 15 years ago that I still use once in awhile. Out off all the guns in my collection that one brings back the most memories.

Thanks for sharing
smile.gif

870 youth JUNIOR model the smallest 20 ga. remington makes.

He likes that gun. Carries it himself the whole way. Loads and unloads it himself. Always checks that the safety is on. Im glad we chose this over the mossberg.

Look at that proud look. Dont you have to be 12 and have completed a gunsafety course or is that if you are big game hunting only?

Big game only! Congrats on his first score!

Ok I assumed that you had to be 12 and complete a gun course for all hunting. I did not know it was big game only. I bet that little gun would be awesome for even an adult to carry into the grouse woods. I have a little sxs spanish made hammered 20 that is short and is a great shooter and light to carry. It was an old gun that just sat in my father in law's closet for years. it needed a firing pin and the chokes were too tight. New pins and opened the barrels up and many a grouse has fallen cool.gif