Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremiah Johnson

Warm Gloves

8 posts in this topic

I always have problems keeping my hands warm when its cold out, especially late season duck hunting. can anyone recomend a nice warm/waterproof pair of hunting gloves?

I do what I do with the rest of my cold weather garments; Layer. Thin silk gloves, finger-less wool gloves (the kind with the flip up mitten piece) and leather choppers over everything else if it gets real nasty.

Ive been using those hand warming packets inside those muffs that you belt around your waist.With a light pair of fleece gloves. also the hand warmers help heat up the duck or goose calls late in the year.

I found wool liner gloves from an Army surplus store. There is always a guy selling them at the Ice Fishing show. I have terrible circulation and have had frostbite before so I always have to take care of my hands.

Mittens will always be warmer than a glove with equal insulation. The glove/mitten combos are a good thing, but leave room in them for a liner glove and a heater packet if you need it. I always use one just in case and put it in my coat pocket if its too warm.

Arctic Shield makes a warm set of gloves check them out online if you want. Wont be disapointed.

I have purchased a couple years ago a pair of neoprene gloves for putting in and taking out decoys. The finger's are not bulky and easy to shoot and reload with. I think if I remember correctly they are 4mm thinsulate.

I'm with Elwood. I have always had problems keeping my hands warm. Two years ago I switched to the muff with a heat pad in the middle. Awesome! I can wear light gloves on the coldest days and still operate my duck calls or the release for my bow. I think some of the high end waders actually have this muff built into them now.

I use neoprene ones when rowing or handling decoys, switch to wool when shooting. I use the wool ones that have some type of "gripping" dots on the palms. Use a muff with handwarmers for deer hunting.