Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joe_stack20

How Far North East does a guy.....

5 posts in this topic

have to drive in order to get to good grouse hunting land...i am in fergus falls?? any suggestions would be great. Thank you!

head up to the tribe. from White Earth to Park Rapids is some good grouse land.

It is a good haul, but I have had some good luck up around the Roseau pools.

Right on the Roseau/Kittson county line is where I would go. You can walk trails in the more wooded spots for ruffies, walk the open stuff to the west for sharpies, and hunt ducks and geese(when the season opens) on the pool. There is also a free ranging elk herd in the area. They should be bugling up a storm right now.

joe, hit tamarac NWR (Becker Cty 26) or Hubble Pond WMA (Hanson Lake Rd off of Becker Co 29) just north of DL for some grouse action.

I haven't been up there much this fall to see if there are any birds around, but I know there were birds harvested there last fall.

I'll second the Tamarac area, its not all that far, and lots of area to walk. I have had GREAT success there in the past, and should be good this year. Just make sure to stop and grab a map for the area, some areas are closed to hunting.