• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jesse Crain=POO POO

SledNeck

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• UdeLakeTom

• greebs

• tisosy11

He had some success last year, I guess they are waiting for that to show up.

Myself, I turn the game off immediately when he gets the call. I've seen enough. Not only is he absolutely terrible, I can't stand watching him with that stupid rope around his neck. Also after every pitch that huge chain and hub cap needs to be tucked back into his shirt/jersey. I can't take him for one pitch.

Sorry Jesse!!

Did you turn the game off last night when they brought him in during the 7th?

didn't redeem himself last night, but he did come in with the bases loaded. Total bullpen needs to improve

I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to comment...last year I gave him the benefit of coming back from surgery...he is this years Rincon.

Thank you for bringing that guy into the game....the Cubs needed to win at least ONE of those three games! smile

It seems like all teams have at least one Jesse Crain on the team.

ERA over 7 now 8 whats the deal, isn't there one guy in the minors to come up to do that????

Move Liriano to the bullpen

Or the minors. Seemed like when they sent him down last season it woke him up. He was awesome after his recall

Jessie Crain shouldn't even be playing women's softball, let alone a major league pitcher. There has to be someone better than Tolbert down in our minor league system too. What a terrible day, Twins lose and the Lakers win the NBA title.

I knew when they brought Jesse out that we would lose the game.

I just don't understand why they keep trying with him.

what's even more amazing is that he's getting paid about $1.7 mil this season to be this terrible.

They should have left the bum in Chicago and told him, "Southwest Airlines has flights for $69 back to the cities...your bags will be outside the dome when you get back."

Why would Gardenhire bring him into a tied game when the team had battled all day?

Why not just pull the team off the field & concede the game? The odds are just about the same.

Sticking with someone through a rough patch is one thing, but this is ridiculous. Putting him into a non-garbage-time game at this point is just being a terrible manager.

We really need to look at Moreno again or bring up Slamma, I could not agree more that we need to cut dies with him.

I was at the game on Sunday. I think I saw as many Twins fans as Cubs fans. As soon as Crain walks onto the field and they show his ERA, the Cubs fan next to me says, "Oh, this should be good." I pretty much gave up hope after that one.

Crain has got to be blackmailing Gardy to still be on this team.

Gardy said in the paper he was out of options on bringing in Crain...the rest of the bullpen was used up. Do you think Detroit would trade him for Willis??? laugh

And this has been the problem all year. A used up bull pen. Our bull pen is not what it used to be. It has some fixing to do for sure. Hopefully it will turn around and maybe some of Crain's magic will come back. (Just a hopin).

You could be right on that. Hopefully he will wake up and start throwing like he did b-4. If not soon papa, your residence is going to change.

I really thought (hopefull thinking maybe) that they would put together a team this year that could compete next year in the new stadium. Guess I was just being naive.

Crain needs to go. Put Liriano in the pen, he's awesome the first time through the lineup. Send Ayala packing and sign a stud releaver. Plenty of new money coming in these days with the new stadium, SPEND SOME OF IT!

Rick Anderson is no dummy. Conversations have to have come up with Andy relaying to gardy that Crane is a lost cause. He has nothing, hes too hitable.

I agree there is more than 1 change needed to make a run. Hopefully they will get it done.

If we can keep our starters going 7 innings, maybe the relievers and stoppers would come around.

A real manager would have brought in the closer. See, Gardy, the closer is paid to not give up three straight hits in the 9th. Course it doesn't always work out but that's why that player gets the huge cake.

not to be mean, i know its just a game, but, is there anything else WE could do with that rope around his neck. wink i cant take another game with this loser "pitching". how much is he paying people off? the worst pither the last 2 yrs. and no talk of him being moved. try something different and take that shitt off your neck! mad

I will definately be boycotting the dome until this guy is gone. No way am I paying money to watch this ball club if they are not willing to make changes, especially when there are changes that NEED to be made. I can't believe Bert hasn't let something slip on the air about this piece of junk.

Not only is Crain bad, but by taking up a roster spot...more importantly a relief pitcher spot...he makes the other relief pitchers work that much more and then they wear out.

Put Liriano in the pen, bring up Swarzak and let'er buck. That way with one move you strengthen both your relief and your starting pitching. You have to do something or this season will be lost. I know we are only 3 out, but we should be 5 ahead.

Want a rogue thought? Depending on what you think of Go-Go or Cuddyer, maybe you wanna move one of them because of what you could get.

Put Liriano in the pen, bring up Swarzak and let'er buck.

I can't say I disagree.

From the Star Tribune:

The Twins have optioned struggling relief pitcher Jesse Crain to Class AAA Rochester.

Crain was 2-3 with an 8.15 ERA wnd was the losing pitcher in Sunday's game in Chicago against the Cubs. In 23 appearances, he had yielded 16 earned runs in 17 2/3 innings.

The Twins announced today that they have reinstated lefthanded pitcher Glen Perkins from the 15-day disabled list. He will start tonight's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Perkins is 1-3, 5.36 ERA in eight starts for the Twins this season.

-It's about Time!