Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Borch

River Fisherman?

4 posts in this topic

Seems like the rivers really get hot early and late season. My biggest walleye to date came shore fishing from a local river in late October. I keep hearing posts regarding the lakes in the area with a few about fishing below the dam near SCSU.

Any other reports out there on how the local rivers and streams are doing? With the low water I'd think that there'd be good success if you can get to them.

I'm planning to start doing some evening fishing for walleyes during the week down below the SCSU dam...can usually scratch a couple down there.

I won't be out at all on the weekends though with hunting seasons starting.

SA/wdw

where are some of the better spots below the dam at SCSU?

it's been too many years since I fished there, I can't remember for the life of me where I used to go when I was in school.

the pool below the spillway, or farther into the Islands? and with the river as low as it is, I know the boat is out, where could I walk to now?

thanks for any advise~

Grant

either side of the river is good...just walk along and find the deep holes and you will find fish. There is a cement slab on the west side near the new football field that holds fish (there is a little bay right there).

Good luck.

SA/wdw