Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wildlineman

Boat access on S or SE side

12 posts in this topic

It's been about 22 years since the last time I wet a line in ML. I moved in the last couple years and am about 45 minutes from the south end of the lake.

I'm looking for a place to launch my boat and where I won't have to completely worry about my truck and trailer being vandalized or stolen. I'd prefer to be on the South to South East side of the lake between Hwy 169 and Isle.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Shayne

I have never had any trouble on the Isle access. SE side.

The access just east of Isle is pretty good. Its a little shallow but last weekend large boats weren't having any trouble getting their boats in. If you do put in there watch for the rock in the channel. It is about straight out from the first bouy on the middle/right side.

you could spend 25 bucks for a year round minnesota state park pass, and put in at Father hennepin. never seems to be too busy there. Plus it lasts a year a is good for any state park. daily passes are 5 bucks. I like Hennepin, but have used the isle one as well.

picksbigwagon,

does the park access stay open after dark or do they lock the gate.

There's a sign on the gate that it will be locked @ 10:00. If you're staying in the park, I believe your ok. If not, I think I'd want my rig out of there by then!

My experience has been that this landing get's just as busy as the others (especially on weekends).

I have never had any problem with the Cove Bay access either. Nice ramp and no worries about the truck and trailer. Someone is aways going out or coming in so the place is pretty good. Good luck.

I put in at Isle Bay landing yesteray and it was very shallow. Just keep the motor trimmed up and should be ok, Cove would be a better option.

why would you worry about your truck and trailer?

there have been some occurances of vandalizm at the public accesses in the past.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Thanks guys! Great info that I'll be using soon.

Drizzle - "why would you worry about your truck and trailer"

Because I really want to be able to get my boat home. laugh.gif

I used Cove on Saturday night. No problem putting in, but to take the boat out, we had to get everyone out of the boat, pull it to the hole under the ramp and then drive it up the trailer. It made it really tough to get it on straight.