• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Free gift from time share offers....

LwnmwnMan2

Question

I realize this may not be the right forum to post this, and if it isn't feel free to move this post, or notify me, but there's not really a right forum either, as far as I can tell.

Anyways, the wife and I got a notice to go to the larger time share place up by Brainerd and we'll get a free TV, along with a $25 gas card.

Now neither of I are interested, however, even if the TV is junky, I've been wanting one for my shop, which the wife says "no way" too. I see this as a free way to get a TV, if I set for 90 minutes to listen to a speech presentation.

I can make it there and back on a tank of gas, which is about $40, so that's not even an issue with the $25 gas card.

Anyone here ever done this?? Is it worth it?? Or do you feel real beat up by the time you're done if you don't buy into the plan??

5 answers to this question

My wife ane I sat in on one at vegas a few years ago. We got free tickets to a show and dinner, but that was two hours of my life I will never get back. So whats your time worth?

My mother-in-law made the rounds one summer. The haul: steak knives, portable gas grill, screen tent, etc.

We did a Brainerd-area tour, too. Got $75 gift certificate to Dayton's. We get calls about every six months from one on Mille Lacs. We also got hooked into a presentation in Las Vegas but managed a "bathroom" break before it got too far.

The sales guys get real disappointed when you don't pull the trigger on the deal, especially after they've invested 90 minutes in the presentation. You may have to remind them that there's a premium at the end of the rainbow.

If a deal sounds too good to be true it probably is. Yes, you'll get the trinkets at the end of the speil, but make no mistake, it's a snow job you are in for. I pitch the offers in the wastebasket. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

I did the one in up there a few years back for a $100 Gander card. Was almost dangerous. I never had any intentions of buying but the girlfriends mind changed during the presentation resulting in a real fun ride home.

Greetings,

Don't do it! And if you do, don't take your spouse! You do not need to fight off the sales people and your spouse!

Friends stuck me in one of these things before, but it was much worse. Free movie tickets. Only 45 min or so. They were giving away a TV, yeaaaa, black and white, and free groceries, one bag of junk.

They had us watch commercials. There were 70 people there to start, within 5 min it was 60, by 15 it was 30, by 20 I said I am leaving and walking home if I have to. There were maybe 10 people there when we left.

Spend your time on a nice lunch with the spouse. It will be better for your soul, relationship, save you wear and tear on the vehicle, and you won't want to beat your self for going when you get done.

You think high pressure sales is bad, this is way beyond it. Further, if you are ever going to do this, you want to get in when it is new and get thier finale price and then cut it in 1/2 or walk.

Peace and Blessings

Did I say don't do it?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• jparrucci
      Very low, probably 2 feet lower than last year at ice out.
    • mbeyer
      what do they look like this spring?
    • SkunkedAgain
      I might have missed a guess, but here are the ones that I noted:   JerkinLips – March 27th, then April 7th Brianf. – March 28th Bobberwatcher – April…. MikeG3Boat – April 10th SkunkedAgain – early April, then April 21st   Definitely a tough year for guesses, as it seemed to be a no-brainer early ice out. Then it got cold and snowed again.
    • mbeyer
      MN DNR posted April 13 as Ice out date for Vermilion
    • Brianf.
      ^^^45 in the morning and 47 in the evening
    • CigarGuy
      👍. What was the water temp in Black Bay? Thanks....
    • Brianf.
      No, that wasn't me.  I drive a 621 Ranger. 
    • CigarGuy
      So, that was you in the camo lund? I'm bummed, I have to head back to the cities tomorrow for a few days, then back up for at least a few weeks. Got the dock in and fired up to get out chasing some crappies till opener!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Lots of ice on the main basin, but it is definitely deteriorating.  Some anglers have been fishing the open water at the mouth of the Rainy River in front of the Lighthouse Gap.  The rest of the basin is still iced over. Pike enthusiasts caught some big pike earlier last week tip up fishing in pre-spawn areas adjacent to traditional spawning areas.  8 - 14' of water using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring has been the ticket.  Ice fishing for all practical purposes is done for the year. The focus for the basin moving forward will be pike transitioning into back bays to spawn,  This is open water fishing and an opportunity available as the pike season is open year round on Lake of the Woods. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. With both the ice fishing and spring fishing on the Rainy River being so good, many are looking forward to the MN Fishing Opener on Saturday, May 11th.  It should be epic. On the Rainy River...  An absolutely incredible week of walleye and sturgeon fishing on the Rain Rainy River.     Walleye anglers, as a rule, caught good numbers of fish and lots of big fish.  This spring was one for the books.   To follow that up, the sturgeon season is currently underway and although every day can be different, many boats have caught 30 - 40 sturgeon in a day!  We have heard of fish measuring into the low 70 inch range.  Lots in the 60 - 70 inch range as well.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  Open water is continuing to expand in areas with current.  The sight of open water simply is wetting the pallet of those eager for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th.   A few locals were on the ice this week, targeting pike.  Some big slimers were iced along with some muskies as well.  If you like fishing for predators, LOW is healthy!  
    • Brianf.
      Early bird gets the worm some say...   I have it on good authority that this very special angler caught no walleyes or muskies and that any panfish caught were released unharmed.        

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.