Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shooterc

Can't wait

6 posts in this topic

Hi, coming up the 22nd and staying a week. Rainy is my absolute favorite vacation. Have fished on the Minesota side of Rainy and done pretty well on Smallmouths, walleyes and Pike. This year after reading how the fishing is better on the Canadian side we will be doing some fishing up there. Have not seen much in the way of walleye, smallmouth or pike reports lately. After reading about the crappie think we would like to try and find some of them also. Any info would be deeply appreciated. Fishmeister and Mr. Landmark, would like to stop in and say hello, When are you guys normally at work? Read your post all year long wishing I was there instead of at work.

Thank you,

Shooterc, alias Greg

Shooter,

Fishmeister is going to be a better source of info than I will be. I have been down in duluth at school for the last two weeks, so no fishing for me. However your crappies are going to be predictable. Look to the 28' to 30' depths in sand bay to produce. Basically you can find them around any of the islands, though they will be less concentrated than the ones in canada. In Canada, I would look off the shore line breaks in 26-32 feet of water. They will be suspended and should be easy to find. Areras in Redgut and up into Spawn Inlet would be good places to start looking.

I think that I may be up for that weekend, but it all depends on my new work schedule. Take Care and Good Luck fishing!! grin.gif

Oh by the way...Slurpies are going to be killer. Use the jerk shad for bass and pike and the regular large shad tube and dipstick worm for smallies. Work the swim shad in fire tiger and shad colors for the crappies!! You can't go wrong with these!

Does the One Stop have the firetiger dipstick worm and jerk shad on hand? Can't find any here in the cities.

I would call 1 stop before you leave and ask for Doug - call before 2 pm.

I fish sand bay almost every day between 4:00 and 8:00pm today(9/15) the walleyes were in 20 to 24 feet, but the big ones were all in 22 feet. I used an orange flicker spinner (tiny spinner) a 3/8 ounce sinker and a night crawler trolled around a reef and between me and my girlfriend we used up 3 doz worms in 3 hours kept 8 walleyes between 13 and 16 1/2 inches. Released a 27 inch, a 28 inch, three 25 inch and to many little eyes to count also caught one 13 1/2 inch crappie