Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quijibo

Recommendation for a local (Mpls metro) Chevy dealer?

5 posts in this topic

After two weeks of trying to work with dealers on GMBuypower, I've decide to just let a local dealer find the truck I want. I won't use my old dealer. Since being bought by Lupient they have squeezed out my sales guy(Ed Keane, where are you?) and thrown me under the bus at every opportunity.

I'm looking for an old school dealer. The kind that employs salesmen for life and doesn't make them stick it to their customers just to make more than $75/ car. I also probably won't go with a dealer that made their mechanics to go on strike either.

I apologize if I am being difficult, but it's getting harder and harder to find a dealer that deserves the kind of money that they pull in.

I am blessed to be able to get employee pricing(brother). It's a shame that the biggest problem I have with GM is their dealers.

I would appreciate hearing about the positive experiences that you have had with your dealers and sales people in particular.

Thanks in advance

I go through Friendly Chev out of Fridley. Great people and I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Might be worth a shot...

We've had good service from Ryan Chev & Cad in Buffalo. They're in the very west metro, but for all the searching we've done across the state, they always seem to come up with the biggest dealer discounts and best prices. Salesmen we've delt with so far have been very good (Harley is a good guy). I'd stay far away from the finance guy named Kevin or something of that nature (starts with a K - pretty sure it's Kevin). He's a horsesarse! They have other, more personable finance guys there though.

good luck!

thurk bros. chev in st bonifacius about 3 blocks north of hwy7 on cnty rd 92. family owned and operated for a long long time. ask for Don, the owner and tell him that paul sent you.

Thanks guys, That's the info I'm looking for. May have to put the purchase on hold though. My wife just got a promotion that would require us to move to Denver. Not good news for a pheasant hunting Union carpenter. There's no ringnecks and no living wage frown.gif . Her job says they will find me "comparable" employment. The truck will have to wait until I find out what that means.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• leech~~

Posted

26 minutes ago, DANR said:

From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update:

You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes.

Thanks for the Update.  Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring! :):)

• FishinCT

Posted

They were really slow today. I fished hard all day and didn't manage much. Went over tons of fish and they weren't active at all. Should get better as the weekend gets closer...I hope

• gizmoguy

Posted

Go with steel. Contact Isle supply.

• From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update:

You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes. 

• Hello Friends:

Looking for some help as I've been up here since yesterday morning and only two 22" walleyes. I've fished fairly hard (5 or 6 hours) and tried all of my normal spots in Frazer/Smarts/Narrows area using all presentations with minnows and crawlers. Would love to have a walleye dinner (couple of 15's) for my black lab and I tomorrow night and any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm not looking for spots, but general depth and bait.

Thanks guys

Andy

• delcecchi

Posted

It is great.  I don't know if they are still doing grumpy gary chicken this time of year but it is good.  They have specials on various nights, at least in summer.  

• Sculpin

Posted

Dennis Anderson, Outdoor writer for the Minneapolis Tribune had a nice write up on the duck opener at Pelican. In addition there were some locals quoted on duck hunting there. Sounds like the ducks are back, and they have the water levels well under control.

• Thanks Don! its a good time of year to be on the water!! :)

• SkunkedAgain

Posted

Oh man, I forgot about the South Switch. I haven't been there in close to fifteen years. I doubt that it's changed.....maybe I'll head there tomorrow night!

• Not lately but a buddy got 3 in big fork yesterday... No dog just him walking

• leech~~
      Thanks for the Update.  Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring!
    • FishinCT
      They were really slow today. I fished hard all day and didn't manage much. Went over tons of fish and they weren't active at all. Should get better as the weekend gets closer...I hope
    • gizmoguy
      Go with steel. Contact Isle supply.
    • DANR
      From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update: You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes. 
    • PSU
      Hello Friends: Looking for some help as I've been up here since yesterday morning and only two 22" walleyes. I've fished fairly hard (5 or 6 hours) and tried all of my normal spots in Frazer/Smarts/Narrows area using all presentations with minnows and crawlers. Would love to have a walleye dinner (couple of 15's) for my black lab and I tomorrow night and any suggestions would be welcomed. I'm not looking for spots, but general depth and bait. Thanks guys Andy