Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deerhuntr8

FRENCH LAKE MUSKIES

15 posts in this topic

Anyone having any luck on this lake? I have only been there once this year due to the shallow launch. I had to use Hoy's launch, which is not much better by the way. The water doesn't seem too stained this year compared to last year.

I have been there 2 times once in july and about 10 days ago i have not even had a follow but that is muskie fishing

I fish this lake a lot, but haven't been out there in the last week since this cold spell. Does anybody know what the current water temp is on French, or any other area lake for that matter?

The access on this lake is always shallow, even when the water levels are "high." When it gets too shallow, or after they take the dock out for the year, I just bring a set of chest waters along.

As far as follows go, I don't know that you'd ever see a follow in that water unless the fish was pretty much skimming the surface!

On a side note, I've noticed alot of pressure on French this year, as well as a few dead muskies at the access!

That is sad to hear but it happens on every lake. I like to muskie fish in the fall of the year. I leave for Lac Suel Canada in a week.

Clamtrap, you live in Owatonna? So do I. You didn't have a Fishing Minnesota truck in your driveway a couple days ago, did you? I live on the NE side of Owatonna. Near Willow creek.

No, I live on the south west end of town.

OK.

I'll be heading out there on Sat. I'll post how I did Saturday night. Anyone else giving it a try Saturday?

Kid

Fished Sat. only one follow and a short fish.

how's the public landing? like normal, or worse? plan to be up there in a couple of weeks.

I have an alumacraft competitor and put in/out with two wheel drive with no trouble. Not great, but as long as you know it is shallow and trim your motor you should be fine.

thanks! that ramp is always one that you want to pay attention on! grin.gif

any new info ??? my son and i play to be on the water either sat. or sunday morning. ( if you see a ranger fisherman, with a fat guy and a young man , say hi!!) grin.gif

I will probably be there on Sat also. I have a red and white skeeter. Maybe I'll see ya there. cool.gif

we were on hte lake sat. and sun. mornings. water color was still a little green, but not bad. my son,(alex) lost a smaller one boat side, and had a 40+ one follow a buzz bait. all i could manage was two little northern. sunday , nothing!