Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hartner62

Draw weight?

8 posts in this topic

How do you find out what the draw back weight is on a bow? Virgin bow hunter and I just want to make sure the 1980's bow is legal.

take it to a proshop, they will put it on a scale... takes only a second and they shouldnt charge you a penny.

Another thing I've done is used a fishing scale that has a high enough rating. The only problem is making sure you have a good attachment to your string. Always nock an arrow is doing it this way in case of misfire.

I would more likely suggest what Dietz said and take it in to be looked at. They can also tell you the mechanical condition of your older bow. I used a bow about 25-30 yrs old and I ended up cracking the limbs before hunting season. Have it looked at, better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the help guys. Guess I'll have to go over to cabelas this week. (darn it ) grin.gif

Just want to say thanks for the help again guys and let you know 5 min. after shooting time a nice doe walked in about 35 yards away and I am no longer a virgin!! Thanks Again

ROCK ON!!!!! congrats!... hope you had the shakes and could barely breath after the shot.. Thats what will keep you comming back! I still get it every time, and the time I dont.. is the last deer I will shoot!

sure did!! It was pretty hard not to jump down right away and go check it out.

I sure hope you took pictures... you never shoot your first deer again!