Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hartner62

Draw weight?

8 posts in this topic

How do you find out what the draw back weight is on a bow? Virgin bow hunter and I just want to make sure the 1980's bow is legal.

take it to a proshop, they will put it on a scale... takes only a second and they shouldnt charge you a penny.

Another thing I've done is used a fishing scale that has a high enough rating. The only problem is making sure you have a good attachment to your string. Always nock an arrow is doing it this way in case of misfire.

I would more likely suggest what Dietz said and take it in to be looked at. They can also tell you the mechanical condition of your older bow. I used a bow about 25-30 yrs old and I ended up cracking the limbs before hunting season. Have it looked at, better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the help guys. Guess I'll have to go over to cabelas this week. (darn it ) grin.gif

Just want to say thanks for the help again guys and let you know 5 min. after shooting time a nice doe walked in about 35 yards away and I am no longer a virgin!! Thanks Again

ROCK ON!!!!! congrats!... hope you had the shakes and could barely breath after the shot.. Thats what will keep you comming back! I still get it every time, and the time I dont.. is the last deer I will shoot!

sure did!! It was pretty hard not to jump down right away and go check it out.

I sure hope you took pictures... you never shoot your first deer again!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SupraFishin
      Actually, I believe that the mercury in the water has to do with the taconite mining:   http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/lands_minerals/mercuryandmining.pdf
    • papadarv
      @KirtH I believe you spend a lot of time on Marion. Any insight to the accuracy of the Navionics Sonar chart on Marion in Lakeville?   The left Navionics map contour (left map) is basically the 1958 DNR chart with 1 ft. Contours calculated to the chart with minimal updates to some of the contours and yes, is quite inconsistent and inaccurate to the (right map) SonarChart.  http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/data/lakemaps/b0117010.pdf   Bathymetric metadata originated in 2009 where SorarCharts are derived from. "SonarChart™ (right contour map) is produced starting from the Nautical Chart and other regional or local sources offering additional data, as well as Navionics surveys. We then validate and integrate sonar logs recorded by end users and contributed from both plotter and mobile devices, adjusting for tide correction and filtering out “bad” data. A new SonarChart is published with updated contours on a daily basis.
      Navionics generates a new SonarChart every day. After a user submits sonar logs for processing, the updated SonarChart will normally be available after about one week, with some exceptions. For example, processing may take from three up to eight weeks when sonar logs are submitted for an uncharted area, because a coastline correction is typically required and Navionics will first source new coastline information for the area."   SonarChart Live from users are usually collected is small areas. I can't really visualize a person running a boat east to west than north to south every 25 feet over an entire lake are the size of Marion to record depth. This is the daily data in the above note from Navionics on how this user captured data is added to the map. I do not believe it is possible to rife the data with depth errors as the only measurement from a sonar is the distance form the transducer and lake bottom which is not adjustable on any sonar. Minimal GPS errors may occur but only a few feet depending on the quality of the Smart Phone GPS. Extreme dense weed areas in shallow areas that effect depth are included in the "bad" data filtering.

• Mracekvb23
      Anyone have an update on ice after all the 60 degree weather and blizzard?  Is it gone?
    • Horseshoe_Don
      Ice is freezing up.  Shore lines are now frozen up where they were open.  Ice is honeycombed but firm.   River is open past the 22 access by 100 yards.   I might just take out my small wheeler and do a walleye fishing on shoe this weekend.   Don
    • Mike89
      too funny!! studded tire too??