Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
shae1986

OOOOHHHH I HEARD SOME YOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

shae1986

I heard some Yotes the other day when we were goose hunting and i cannot wait for some snow to chaise them around, My .223 and me are getting excited.

Nova

I had to(got to) dipatch one Monday that had been hit by a car or something and was hiding on the back of my property. That night I had 5 or 6 of them howling in the back yard at 3:45am.

picksbigwagon

why wait for snow??? we were out Monday night, had them seranading us from two properties away, but we saw a lot of sign and the property owner said they have been howling in his woods the past couple weeks. Yes, snow would be nice, but my .223 works in warm weather too grin.gif

shae1986

Im pretty busy hunting birds and getting ready for bow hunting , but if the oppertunity is there i will gladly take one down..

fisherking01

The pups are very active and learning their voices now. They have been extremely active and annoying. There is a litter near my house and they need to go. Just came back from a walk and learned where they are playing and what they are eating, eating lots of plums from the fenceline, corn and looks to be mice. They are aparently used to gunshots from living so close and that does not deter them from howling every night. maybe the scent from my walk will keep em quiet tonight. I'm thinking snares, bombs, or anything that will shut them up!

harvey lee

Last weekend while hunting in Nd I heard many yotes singing.

picksbigwagon

Brent, I have some 50 grain Hollow Points that would help "scare" them away..... smile.gif

fisherking01

Not much chance on seeing them with the corn 8 feet tall around their play area. The spotlight hasn't revealed any of their eyes. Kinda disheartening after feeding the pheasants last winter to not even hear one crow. I think they took care of the hens as well, none along my road in the wet mornings! We definitely need some intense predator control around here!

RBuker

Quote:

Not much chance on seeing them with the corn 8 feet tall around their play area. The spotlight hasn't revealed any of their eyes. Kinda disheartening after feeding the pheasants last winter to not even hear one crow. I think they took care of the hens as well, none along my road in the wet mornings! We definitely need some intense predator control around here!

Give me a call. I can help... I'm here at Lakes area Insurance. I'm sure you know where that is??? smile.gif

Randy

picksbigwagon

Well if Randy is going to help with situation, I would like to say anyone west and southwest of the Cities can send me an email to help with the removal of any coyotes. grin.gif I broke down and bought a new Electronic caller (Minaska M1 bandit)and am looking to get some blood on it.

tpickett@priorlake-savage.k12.mn.us

My calling partners (3 of them) and I are all teachers, so weekday trips are out of the question, although evenings are a possibility. We don't want deer/pheasant/turkey/duck hunting permission. Just coyote and fox. We are not trappers, nor do we run the coyotes with dogs, just hand calls and electronic calls. I would say we are discrete, but I am way to big to be called discrete.

fisherking01

Randy, I know that everything is huntable from town to stowe lake, the residents are all annoyed by the coyotes. Once the crops are out, it will limit their cover. there is a den 300 yards N of my house, as well as in the abandoned farmsite half mile N. Any time you want to set up a hunt, let me know and I'll arrange access to all the land I can, Pretty much unlimited for coyotes. I'm kinda looking forward to getting back into night calling in the winter. Been a while since I did it seriously. Brent