Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskyBug85

Any Geese Down Here?

32 posts in this topic

I just moved back into Gustavus yesterday and did a little scouting south of LeSueur last night, to not much avail. just curious if any one is seeing geese any where. also if any one would be willing to bring a couple of college guys with them we have 3 dozen bigfoots/green head full bodies and lay out blinds. we do know what we are doing its just hard to find time to really scout between classes and such. thanks for your time and hopefully info. Jonah

Musky---I go to school over in Mankato and have been scouting around the area. I have seen a few birds working fields but getting on the land is a little difficult. Well if you ever want to go out scouting sometime together or get a couple rigs going let me know. I've got 3 1/2 dozen GHG full bodies and layout blind. Just let me know.

hey man good to hear from you again this year. whats your cell # we might have something tonight i still need to get permission so nothoing is for sure. JOnah

Musky---I dont think tonight would be able to work for me. I got class from 4-6 and by the time I get everything together it would be kind of late. I am still interested in going hunting sometime though. I am planning on scouting tomorrow sometime. My number is 651-491-1803

-Chad

i asked 5 farmers today and recieved 4 no's and one i sold all my land this summer so i cant give permission. sorry browning i am having the same problem as you are. any help will be greaty appecitated. thanks Jonah

hey musky I was down that way over labor day weekend. I was fishing with the hopes of pass shooting a goose or two and nothing in range but I think they would have decoyed easy enough. Saw alot of geese on the river. its shallow and the sand bars could be pretty good spot to set up on . saw most of the geese at evening time along with hundreds of wood ducks. just a thought good luck guys.

Musky---Yeah its tough getting permission around the area. It seems like someone else hunts it or an outfitter leases out the field. Well like elwood says the river might not be a bad spot....set up on a sand bar (i've got waders and a boat). Well I got permission to some uncut corn right now but not sure when it will be out. Give me a call sometime if you want to go scouting or hunting. Later

-Chad

North of Le Sueur and East of Montgomery is holding the most geese right now.

thanks T.O. i knew you would have some info for me. have you been hunting yet? if you want to get out some time let me know i would love to meet you and maybe shoot some birds. Jonah

I don't hunt geese until the late season. Fall fishing takes priority.

when your ready to hunt some birds be sure to let me know. Jonah

looked around north of Leseuer tonight and didnt see much. i think its over to montgumery in the morning.

Several flocks went through town from the N ~7:30 pm this evening. I'm not sure how far S they went, but the sky line from my house was black with geese for a good 30 minutes. They're around. grin.gif

Good Luck!

Hey Browning83 I lived across from you in Campusview a couple years ago. I have a few fields in the area if you are interested for later in the year. One is south west of town near Rapidan, and the other ones are all on the north side of swan lake. I'm hunting a pasture this weekend out by swan, but I'm really waiting till my farmers get their corn out. It should be good later in the year. Shoot me an E-mail.

matthew.eastman@mnsu.edu

Matt

Hey Musky I spoke with a farmer near lake emily this morning and he said they were going to start harveting some of the corn that was flat on the ground from the tornado. That might be worth a drive and maybe if you and some buddies would offer to help a little with picking debrie out as they harvest that might go a long way. I would think there should be plenty of food left to attract them and that area has a few birds around.

Thanks Farmer

Fishky---thanks for the invite. I would would for sure like to hunt with you. If you ever want to go scouting or whatever just let me know. Like I said earlier I got decoys and blinds and calls so whenever you want to go. Let me know how you do this weekend....I am heading up north again...we did really well last weekend.

-Chad

thanks for the tip i will investigate farther. thanks to all for the help. we are still trying to find i field and the info you guys give helps us a ton. thanks again Jonah

I know there's a few geese around my area....or at least there was. wink.gifgrin.gif

p9090458bq3.jpg

Looks like you had a great morning Eric.Maybe you cannot out fish Otter,but it looks like you could give him a run for his money with the honkers.

For as close as they came in, I think just about anyone could have gotten them. smile.gif There's a "few" geese around though. I could have stayed out a little while longer and likely gotten one more goose for a limit, but 4 geese is way plenty for now. It'll only get better into late October when the big ones come down. These are just your typical 9-10 pound locals. Can't wait to get the 11-13 pounders with 1/4" fat on them! cool.gif

I have been seeing a few more geese as of late around Arlington.To bad I dont hunt them anymore.

my group and I have shot 58 geese this last week and still lots around went out last night and got 13 this morning we took 7 got 2 with bands this week I would look south of janesville there are a few 100 geese working the fields there

What in the world does one do with 58 geese?

jerky

Trouble---sounds like you guys did good down around here....we did well up north this week. I was wondering how the farmers are about getting on land or if a lot of the fields are already called for. If you ever are looking for people to hunt just let me know. I got decoys/blind/calls. Otherwise maybe I'll see you out there.