Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Uran

Water levels

9 posts in this topic

What is the water level right now, are they up or down, I know there was a site to look and check the water levels I looked back and tried to find it but no luck, thank you.

The stretch of river from Baudette to Four Mile Bay is quite low. I can't imagine that it is much different from I'Falls down. I think the Clementson Resort site might have more detailed info. Good luck. Ol Sneller

From Int'l Falls all the way down to four mile it is very low. It is lower that it was last year, as I could successfully wade the stretch of river by the four scotsmans Islands just before the Indus corner with out the water ever going above my waist. Hopefully some rain will pick up the levels soon.

WOW!!!!!! That is low. Do you think that water levels such as these negatively affects the fishing towards International falls. To all of you, do you have better luck when the river is up or down?

In my experience the fishing is better when the water is up and there is some more current flow to the river, but when the water is low and the fall bite is on, you'll still get some hogs!

Well I went and I had some serious luck on the Smallmouth, Holy Crap it ws amazing how many fish we caught and the average size was respectable. We did catch a few walleyes nothing to brag about. We each misssed a decent sized sturgeon.

I went to the Birchdale campground last month, for the Sturgeon Tourney they have there. It was my first trip to the river. I didn't catch any Sturgeon, but had a great time. I caught one 25" Eye, and several smaller ones and some non-game looking fish. I think next month we'll try to get up there again. By the way 54" won the tournament.

Atta Boy Leechbait, looking to get back home withing a week or two here for some serious smallie and crappie fishing. I love this time of the year. Hunt ducks in the morning and fish in the afternoon. Can't get much better than that!!