• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Phil Nevin acquired!!!

Outdoors_guy

Well looks like Rondell's days might be out numbered now with Nevin being a twin. Hopefully his bat will help the twins out to get into the post season and throught hte playoffs. would of been nice to get him a little sooner to help the team out. Hopefully he is no Brett Boone from last year.

Quote:

Hopefully he is no Brett Boone from last year.

He will be better then Boonegrin.gif Can't possibly be any worse.

Quote:

Batting .245, 21 hrs, 64rbis.

Yah, and he is batting .346 in the month of August. 21 HRS puts him second on the team right now. He has been hot right now and all we need is a good month out of him. He has pop, he can give Morneau a day off or we can use Morneau at DH once in a while. He can also protect Morneau in the lineup if Gardy is smart enough to put him in the 6th hole and move Hunter down to 7. Also, we have gotten zero production out of our DH this year and Nevin should provide some life to a spot in the lineup that has been an automatic out for a long time.

This is a good pickup for us. I would have liked to get a pitcher, but in all honesty, the youngs guys have been keeping us in games and our offense has been what has let us down lately.

It's about darn time, it would be unbelievable to think that a team in contention would have an automatic out in the DH spot...

That's ok, just remain cautiously optimistic - real Cub fans know how to do it already.

I have only watched him a few times during his short tenure but I will say this about Nevin: He seems to be "in" every at bat and is a long-ball threat every time up too and is definitely less of a freeswinger than Rondell.

Or bring him off the bench in late innings if he isn't dhing. Could be a long ball threat we don't have coming off the bench when we need the 3 run dinger.

I hope all you Twinkie lovers like Mr. Nevin. Never heard much about him since he was with the ole Cubbies and they have had another typical Cubbie year (30 games or so below .500) so press is not focused on them too much. I have heard many sports radio guys who have said he is one of the biggest "tools" in the woodshed. A real cancer in the club house and a huge attitude to boot! Don't know how well he will fit in with the young guns up there in Twinkie-ville. I guess if he hits 10-15 homers down the stretch they will love him but my guess is Gardie will quickly find out what a piece of work this guy is and cut bait. Just my two cents on the deal. Do you guys know this guy is getting 10 mil this year to play? Windy

thats ok windy I will take 10-15 hrs for the little salary we have to pay him.. most of his $$ is paid by his former team already

Yup, Those ole Cubbies have never met an overbloated salary that they didn't want to pay! Just a word of warning about Mr. Nevin and his ability to upset the karma of what seems to be a pretty cohesive young club house up there in the land of the Baggie dome (for now). Then you can't say that I didn't warn you. Lots of luck (about 1 game less luck than my beloved Pale Hose would do nicely, LOL. Windy

Nevin is due over $1 million for Sept. Texas picked a lot of his salary in the trade to the Cubs.

Secondarily I would like to add this to Mr. Windy: don't let your zealousness to rain down hard on the Cubbies cloud your thinking anymore than it is already -- we all know that if D Lee wasn't out, the Cubbies would not have had to go get Nevin. D Lee came back, clubhouse cancer is now gone and whether or not it is true that he will affect the WCard is yet to be seen.

Windy, you are just trying to use that ol'"never let 'em see you sweat" trick. It don't work with us. You are scared and we all know it. What happened to Jenks-the-cat last night? A blown save when they need one dearly. Must be runnin'outta lives, huh?

Quote:

Windy, you are just trying to use that ol'"never let 'em see you sweat" trick. It don't work with us. You are scared and we all know it. What happened to Jenks-the-cat last night? A blown save when they need one dearly. Must be runnin'outta lives, huh?

How many saves has Genks blown???? Sure seems like a lot! He also has an ERA around 4. Not very good for a closer.

He throws a good meatball! Blah ha ha. You saw what Morneau did with his cheese, you've gotta keep the hitters guessing and if you can't... then good luck.

Good call Geno. Ole Windy is putting on a good face, but we all know that if the Whities can't put some distance between them and the Twins while we have everybody and their brother on the shelf, it's gonna be tough for them to win the WC.

I still do think that it's going to come down to that last series of the year. Maybe only one game will matter or so, but it should have implications.

If we get Cisco back and Radke can band-aid and tape his arm back together we will alot better off than we are now and we are still leading the WC race with a game in hand against the Sox.

The only problem is with our scheduling. If those last games matter, we won't be able to set our rotation for the playoffs, so I hope we can seal it up before then.

12 straight games at the end of the season is a scheduling screw-up by MLB for the Twins.