Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Axel's

Bass Tournament on Tetonka

19 posts in this topic

I need some information on the bass tourney scheduled for Sept 9 on Tetonka. People have been asking about entry fees and number of people in boats, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

southern mn bass tour is full, entry fee was $500 for the full season (5 events ) 6 if you qualify in the top ten for the championship, however it is a club event and is not open to anyone not signed up at the begin of the year. Sorry,

to my knowledge there is no other event there on the 9th OR ELSE I DON'T THINK THE DNR WOULD HAVE APPROVED OUR PERMIT BUT THANKS FOR THE INTEREST .

Hey Lucky.

Is your last tourney on Tetonka or Madison on the 9th? I heard it was moved from Shields to Madison, but maybe I heard wrong.

Thank you.

it was supposed to be madison, however there was a snag with the permits because of gabby's ultimate bass and thursday nighter so we could not get the permit in turn it goes to tetonka

Thanks Lucky. I'm fishing Gabby's, so I was a little bit interested in where your crew was fishing.

Thanks and good luck.

lucky,

The guys from the catchin forum which is about 20 to 30 guys are going to be out there from the 8th -the 10th pounding the fish I guess there going out of best point resort for the weekend, I don't suppose that will help the fishing any for the tournament.

How many anglers from catchn? And how many bassers?

partner spoke with the director and they cancelled it due to lack of interest

Catchn is a night time walleye turny and I don't think it will be at the same time as when the bass fishermen will be on the lake.

Near a full moon. Good luck!

I heard that the catchin tourament was canceled, lack of interest. frown.gif

HERE ARE THE TOURNAMENT RESULTS FOR TETONKA LAKE tetonka.jpg

Great, having just read the latest edition of Outdoor News and the article on delayed mortality of fish in tournaments that should equate to roughly 240 dead bass! Anyhow, having a place on the north end for twelve years now I have never fished for bass and was surprised at the catch. At least it wasn't a walleye tourney!

as for the delayed mortality article . fish care is my #1 concern and as required by the dnr all tournament directors are required to moniter the release site for 48 hrs and i will have to tell you i have never seen a dead bass floating im sure there is a lot of truth to that article but stattistics such as temp current handling care probally all played a part in in that study

I couldn't agree more MAVS, i thought it was a good article and it's our responsibility as sportsman to become educated and respect the resource.

I was out there yesterday and didn't see any bass floating...

There are no fish in Tetonka!

Is there any way of finding out how many were Smallmouth Bass.

Tetonka is a good lake. One of the best all around lakes in the area.

there where only like 4 smallies caught,

biggest was 3.47 #

Thank you!

sounded as if there where a lot of smallies caught during practice however i seen one that was about the 4-5lbs range