Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carp-fisher

Calvinist, Cyberfish, Mark Stanley....

25 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm married now. Its great to be married, but I've basically missed a whole summer of fishing. And to top it all off, my phone finally croaked and I lost all your phone numbers. Anybody have any fall fishing plans yet?

Ben

Ben,

Cangrats Ben on getting married...what, you got a Honey-Do list a mile long now? Since my motor fried, my fishing has been very limited. Hopefully I'll have things running in a week. Would like to get out with you again on the river for some smallies, or float tube on lake X. Give me a call, 763-404-0891, we'll plan something. I'll probably be gone most of the weekend though. Have a safe holiday!

congrats, mr and mrs. carp!

Quote:

Ben,

Cangrats Ben on getting married...what, you got a Honey-Do list a mile long now? Since my motor fried, my fishing has been very limited. Hopefully I'll have things running in a week. Would like to get out with you again on the river for some smallies, or float tube on lake X. Give me a call, 763-404-0891, we'll plan something. I'll probably be gone most of the weekend though. Have a safe holiday!

Ha thats funny...the "Honey Do" list is currenly long enough that I probably won't be doing any fishing this weekend anway. I was telling Cyberfish that I'm getting all pumped up for ice fishing, although perhaps its abit early yet. We'll have to get out and do some fall fishing; I'll give you a call.

I notice your change of address. Any fishing out that way to speak of?

Quote:

I notice your change of address. Any fishing out that way to speak of?

Yeah I think so. I live in Roseville now, but I commute to work in Maple Grove. So after work this winter that puts me within striking distance of any lakes in Plymouth or even Sarah or Independence. There are many lakes between Maple Grove and Roseville off 694, and I would also like to check out White Bear Lake and Bald Eagle. I'm also not all too far from Chisago Lakes area, so I definitely have some exploring to do...

Hey Mike--What's that evolutionary mutation you're holding onto in your picture?!?! I'd be ashamed of such a beast in such a nice kayak-ak-ak-ak!!

That fish could eat all the fish you caught this summer hahaha grin.gif

Yesterday I took a friend to the Crow River out by Rogers. It was uncharted territory and all we caught was a redhorse and one small bass. Water was rising and it looked sort of like coffee creamer, so that probably affected the fishing. First time out since the last week of July.

Carp,

I know this is short notice, but if you want to get out for a couple hours tonight, let me know. My boat situation is different (better) now.

Quote:

Carp,

I know this is short notice, but if you want to get out for a couple hours tonight, let me know. My boat situation is different (better) now.

Sorry Casey, I got your message abit late. You know I get off work in the northwestern suburbs, so If you want to hit the Mississippi or 'Tonka some night after work, I'd probably be game for it. Anything going on next week?

For weekdays, sept. either 11th or 15th would be best. If you want to get out on the river saturday afternoon/evening of the 16th, that would work too.

Quote:

For weekdays, sept. either 11th or 15th would be best. If you want to get out on the river saturday afternoon/evening of the 16th, that would work too.

Mondays and Wednesdays are out for me...I'm taking a night class. Next Friday or Saturday may be good. I'll have to check with the wife and see whats going on. Man I'd love to get out.

I've changed my phone number...finally got a land line and ditched the cell phone. Its 651-487-3350. You guys still planning on doing some fishing this weekend?

me and Calvinist might be up for a little tubin' Saturday mornin...

Tubingill.jpg

I am mostly musky hunting Mon thru Wed and occasional Friday night. Saturdays in the fall I plan to chase smallies and eyes on the river. BUt if you guys get into a hot non-tubing lake let me know. I'll drag the boat over and take you out.

Quote:

me and Calvinist might be up for a little tubin' Saturday mornin...

Tubingill.jpg

I'll give you guys a call...

going out tonight Mark? should be good late due to that cold front on its way

Cyberfish,

That would be the float tube that failed me in the middle of the lake! What a pleasant memory that was! crazy.gif

Can only get out for two hours but I am going to give it my best. Pre front fishing is too good to pass up.

Are you fishing for muskies then?

Yep. They can't hide from me forever.

Carp ya missed some good mornin bassin'!

tubinhawg-1.jpg

tubincaseybass.jpg

Monster bass:

tubintinybass.jpg

tubinbassclose.jpg

tubinlarry.jpg

The most fun though was sneakin up to Calvie's tube and opening the air valve, then backing off to laugh and take pictures! grin.gifgrin.gif

ohthatsinkinfeeling.jpg

Cyberfish,

That's the second time you tried to kill me with your float tube terrorism!

Wow, I should've made it out! I ended up taking my brother out and doing some wade fishing on the Crow River near Rogers. Other than a cigar sized smallie, we caught diddly squat. It was sure nice to be out though. The funnest part of the outing was watching my bro try to wade across the river...knee deep, belly button, chin...I thought he was going to break out in a crawl stroke before he turned back.