Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bassNspear

Carlos Silva #52

bassNspear    0
bassNspear

All I have to say is that the twins have to find a way to not have him on the hill. He is not only killing there pitching rotation, he might lose the run for the wild card and/or chance to run for the division. Maybe im wrong, but, i feel that they need to make changes. What does everyone else think.

Fishin Beast    0
Fishin Beast

He is definitely very consistent. He will consistently give up his fair share of runs without alot of strikeouts.

I really like Silva when he has movement on his pitches. Without any movement he is just pitching batting practice.

Right now he is giving it his all trying to help the twins. Alot better than being a problem player (Lohse). Next year I hope they bring in one veteran pitcher and keep 2 young arms in the rotation along with Santana and Liriano. But they will probably keep Silva as that veteran.

bassNspear    0
bassNspear

But you have to understand. He is giving up way to many runs a game. He has gave up 38 hrs or something like that this year, he only gave up 28 last year. I feel they have to make a move if there going to make a run for the playoffs. I like him as well, but hes not making the cut. Honestly, you cant tell me im wrong.

Mudcutter    0
Mudcutter

my mind says HI HO SILVA should be gone, but what do the twins have left to put in his place?? Right now, Garza and Bonser are allready penciled into the rotation. Silva does have 8 Wins,, (God knows the Twins must have scored and avg of 8 runs in those games) but he still does have some exp,, thou his exp is best proven agst teams like KC and TB. The Twins really are in a jam with all the injuries to their starting pitchers.

8-Ball    0
8-Ball

I agree-who do you replace Silva with. I am concerned about our starting pitching big time. We, right now, basically have one legit starter we can count on-Santana. Silva is a mess. Radkes shoulder is a big concern. After that, you have two still unproven rookies in Boof and Garza. It was huge those two picked it up last week-but to count on them giving us 6-7 innings with a quality start even 50% of the time they take the hill? I don't think you can say that about them (yet, hope to someday). Cross your fingers. There is really no-one proven at AAA to slide in there at this point, either. I am hoping for the best...

buzzsaw    0
buzzsaw

What about our long reliever/set up man Matt Guerrier?? He seems like an option, unless they feel he is more valuable in the pen. Maybe just switch those two around and see what happens.

Willy    0
Willy

I would definitely try to stretch out Guerrier and let him start in place of Silva. Last year Silva was great, but this year the Twins have to face the fact that he doesn't have it.

Guerrier did start the first time he came up with the Twins and if I remember correctly was fairly effective. Now he's not going to be a savior, but he will get you into the sixth inning still in the game. Right now, Silva can't do that.

Hopefully Garza can find his stride(which I think he is) and Boof can keep us in games. That's all you can ask out of a couple rookie starters, keep you in games until the late innings when you can hand it over to the best bullpen in major league baseball.

nofishfisherman    10
nofishfisherman

Anyone know how Baker has been doing in AAA, is he an option for this year?

Silva has been bad, but I think evenif you replace him this year you should give him the chance to come back next year to find his form. Something just seems to be off with him this year.

I know last year he pitched with a bad knee all year, maybe there's something to that. Might have altered his delivery a little to something more effective.

Anyways I think he should get another chance next year despite what happens this year.

Hopeully Liriano will be back in Septemeber so we just have to wait it out unitl he gets back. A rotation of Santana, radke, Liriano, Garza, and Boof sounds alright.

SledNeck    4
SledNeck

Silva is garbage...by the 3rd inning he is done. The only way the Twins can win with this guy on the mound is to score 10 runs. His attitude is crap and so are his pitches. I say move him to the bullpen and start someone like Eyre.

SteveWilson    1
SteveWilson

I've seen Silva pitch at the dome a few times this year and you can tell when he's about to loose it (a different perspective than watching a pitcher on TV). I think when Silva goes out Ron should have someone loosely warming up in the bullpen and at the first hint of trouble pull Silva out. I've seen Ron wait two batters too many to make the call and it's cost us a bunch of runs.

On the bright side, our bullpen is fantastic and is use to doing long relief so I would feel comfortable with those guys comming into the game in the second inning if need be.

8-Ball    0
8-Ball

Buzz- At this point, I don't want to see Silva on the mound in any role.. Starter or relief or even mop-up!

buzzsaw    0
buzzsaw

I hear you, I just don't think they can send him to the minors... something about MLB years experience, I could be wrong on that one however.

If he was in the bullpen they could always just put him in those games were either way up or way down....

bassNspear    0
bassNspear

I have seen him throw a few times as well. And your right, when its over its over. There has to be a way that the twins can find a starter to replace him for the time being to bring the stud back for the big run.

Mitty    0
Mitty

I think Silva has the beachballer syndrome christ between Radke and Silva Bert might be safe.

8-Ball    0
8-Ball

He does not deserve a spot in the rotation by any stretch. But who else is there? Ryan should have gone after another serviceable starter and told Silva to grab a bench.

SledNeck    4
SledNeck

I Bet Johan could pitch better than silva, right-handed.

SledNeck    4
SledNeck

Looks like Silva is gone when Liriano comes back to the rotation.

PierBridge    0
PierBridge

Quote:

Looks like Silva is gone when Liriano comes back to the rotation.

He'll be gone LONG before that......

buzzsaw    0
buzzsaw

That man has the curse of Eddie Guardado! It must be the black beans doin' him in! tongue.gif What did you guys hear about Silva? Is he being demoted?

8-Ball    0
8-Ball

News to me-I did not hear he was canned either...

PierBridge    0
PierBridge

Have not heard anything, just been watching him pitch.... smirk.gif

Not sure but I would guess the rotation will be Santana, Baker, Garza, Bonser.... and Silva will long GONE "as in not in the starting rotation" before Liriano makes it back.

Hope this clears things up for you guy's...

Reynolds    0
Reynolds

Sounds like Silva will make another start again. I am not sure what the logic in this is??? I think we would be better off if we pull the Dazzle Man (Danny Gladden) out of the booth to pitch.

UdeLakeTom    0
UdeLakeTom

Can he stop the woefull TB line-up?

Hopefully the Twins can put up another 8 spot and early, so

Silva can go his usual 4 1/2 and the bull pen can mop it up.

buzzsaw    0
buzzsaw

Silva will get hit! He is currently not deserving of a spot on any major league team and has got to be a bummer for the players knowing they need to go out and get ten runs or probably lose. I dread watching him toss BP, reminds me of Ron Davis in his prime with the Twins.

8-Ball    0
8-Ball

like another poster said.. Silva is an automatic loss (Unless we get 7 or 8 runs early and get his sorry butt off the mound and turn it over to the pen, by the fourth inning. He is horrible. Triple AAA stock, or wait, Double AA is more like it. He needs to go.