Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reel man

rush creek again

9 posts in this topic

Went to the rush on Sat. morning and it was a little up,but still managed 10 rainbows 12 and 13" and 1 brown at 14".And jbtwins24 the fish seemed to have moved to the west further now.As I only managed 2 in town and the rest I had to travel to the outer edge of town.By the way where did you say you got into those larger bows?.Also tried to travel over and hit east indian and west indian,but only managed 2 small brookies on east and no fish on west.They were both very low.

i am going to assume you were using spinning but if not what flys were you using or would recommend right now?? ike

where in town have you tried?? i was out last night and caught some nice rainbowss in the 16 range didnt keep anything though. im glad you found some fish what exactly did you use. as for flys people are usen grasshoppers and crickets and that seems to be working real well.

just floated crawlers.Tried across from campground by woods and only hit 2 there.Best area was out farther I took a blacktop road at the edge of town and went to where the bridge crossed the water and right by the bridge and toward town a little in the fast deep water.But still no rainbows over 13" I should have tried hoppers,but did'nt.It seems where ever I go though that I can get one decent brown if i work it hard enough.Still confused on where the big bows are however???Are you hitting them in the same area as i am fishing?

ya im doing the same thing just floating some crawlers down the stream. i just went out after work tonight and had plenty of luck. im hitting the same holes as you are i think. whens the next time you'll be around the area let me know. im not plan on going any place any time soon i know im going fishing alot in the next 3 weeks then ill be hunting.

Looks like the next time I'll be free is Thurs. or fri. the 7th or 8th of Sept.

Do you start just below the rapids upstream from the bridge in town? If so, where do you park? Is it all public access? My brother and I are looking to drown some crawlers (that's the only fishing he does) Saturday morning.

Yes thats right Ron.You can access the stream by parking at the city park there by the rv park by the shelter and walking up that side of the creek.There should be room to park over to the side.Don't try the other side however as there is some posted land on the other side.Hope that helps and good luck.Things had slowed for me there last time I fished it.Let me know how it goes.

ya basicly what he said. ive fished from both sides of the creek and its alot better walking down the side where the roads not, you wont tend to scare the fish. i three spots that i fish and ive been catching alot of rainbows and this was just the other day.