Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tommy Tadpole

landing net

11 posts in this topic

I was fishing the front flats and in the process of landing one of many Walleye I managed to drop the business end of my landing net in the lake. I have the collapsible/removable handle type. If anyone reading this post happens to catch my net please respond to my post. I don't really care about the net but I hate polluting the lake. Thanks.

Keep your hook sharp, Tommy Tadpole

Tommy,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I sure hope you landed the "big one" first.

Tommy and Auto, Welcome to Fishing MN! With that said I was fortuneate enough a couple of years ago to bring in two nice anchors in the same weekend in the same Bay! Its amazing how strong that fireline is!!! So, its deffinately not out of the question for someone to land your net! Better luck in the future!

Sorry about your net , but on a happier note , two years ago on the Big V, I landed a G-Loomis rod with a nice Diawa reel attached . Took it home and with a little cleaning it looks and works like new . Now I suppose I'll get all kind of notes claiming this nice combo , but NO WAY I am going to keep it ----Bud

Bud,

Where on Vermilion did you pull the rod and reel up at?

A fellow Guide lost a combo like that a year or so ago.

Not that he would expect to get it back! grin.gif

Cliff

Quote:

...but on a happier note , two years ago on the Big V, I landed a G-Loomis rod with a nice Diawa reel attached

Back in late June I was rigging for walleyes on the flat by First and Second islands and landed a pair of ladies undies. Didn't dare bring them back to the dock for the wife to see!

Earlier this month we pulled a Berkley Bionix with Daiwa baitcaster out of the lake in Wake Em Up Narrows. Cleaned er up and everythings seems to work fine. Not had a chance to use it yet but....

Cliff , I dragged the rod combo up in Norwegian Bay on the east side kind of in the mid point . Thought the fish didn't fight much , and then oh crap , here is a bunch of line . So I thought might as well haul this stuff out of the lake and here on the end of the line was this really nice rod . The bail was bent on the reel , but I fixed that and now this is one of my favorite rods . I MIGHT consider giving it back to the rightful owner but they would have to tell me EXACTLY where it was lost, as like EXACTLY where in Norwegian bay . The spot I posted is vague . ---Bud

Quote:

[quote

Back in late June I was rigging for walleyes on the flat by First and Second islands and landed a pair of ladies undies. Didn't dare bring them back to the dock for the wife to see!

That reminds me of the 2 guys that start their day ice fishing, and the one strips down and puts on some women's panty-hose. The other guy said what's that all about? So the guy said that he wears them to keep warm and wick moisture away. It also helps keep the legs tight as he has an active day on the ice and his legs feel less tired after the day's activities. The other guy then asks "how long have you been doing this??" The panty-hose guy says "ever since my wife found a pair of panty-hose behind my truck seat..." wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Goood one Stick!!

Seriously on the lost stuff thing, tnough... anyone come across a red Stearns life jacket between August 4th and now?? Had one blow out of my boat somewhere in Big Bay... Ely Island/Taylor/Potato/Stonich area... possibly over by Raspberry....

My age was in single digits the first time that we stayed with Mel, Violet, and Virginia Drew at the Namakan Narrows Lodge. I think that was in 1960. My father first stayed their in the late fortys, when Mel's dad was there. The last time I was there I was 15, in August 1968. I still have dreams about it.

I have photos of Mel and Violet, Duane, Sally and Mrs. Larue and Professor Savodny and his ex. I have photos of the sturgeon that Tora[?] gave us when we watched her and Alan haul in nets one morning. I also have copies of several lodge brochures. I will be happy to link you to them if you are interested.

I remember Floyd. He had to maintain a tent as his "residence" on the Canadian side.

I do not remeber who Wally was. I remember Tom. I remember the guy who Mel fired in 1965[?], but not his name. I remember Kathy Pachonik.

John O.