Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ridgerunnr

Roch lakes

3 posts in this topic

Anyone done any bass fishin at Gamehaven or Willow creek? I fished those two a lot last yr with pretty good success. The Gamehaven is a hike in there but the far end was productive with topwater or med sized white twisters. I havent had time to get there this yr yet tho. Might have to try this weekend and see if any action.

I've fished Willow about a 2 dozed times this summer. It's pretty easy for me because I'm walking distance from the dock. I've never been skunked yet, but I wouldn't say I've had any outstanding outtings either. I caught a 16" and a 14" largie and several dinks a while back and that was my best outting.

The weeds are really dying back, so a guy can fish most of the shorelines again. Each time I go, I try to get further and further from the dock and I seem to do better. At this point in the season, I'd work the middle of the water column or even the bottom. I've done my best out there with a Tadpole Spin from JB Lures. I also think one could do well with an Exude Comida (at least its been working for me in other bodies of water)

Decent day at Willow

Don't overlook chester woods. There are a good amount and size of fish in there and the ever elusive Channel cat. I haven't heard or seen to many people targeting chester's channels but i have seen some hogs come out of there. ike