Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Team Otter

The pannies are barkin'...

2 posts in this topic

...during the latter half of the dog days. I hit the water after work with a good friend of mine and his son for an evening of chasing down some pan fish. Well, let me tell you, the chase didn't last long before we were onto one of the best late summer pan fish bites I have experienced in awhile. grin.gif The bull 'gills came out to play as did a few dandy crappies. We had 'gills from 8.0" up to 9.5" and some crappies that easily pushed the 12.75" mark. The nicest school of fish we found were relating to the outside edge of a "second growth" weed line that was as green as a weed line would be in the first part of June. The bigger fish were hanging ~3' down over 7' of water and were just tearing apart Northland Tackle Gypsy Jigs or pink and white Ratso's. shocked.gif These fish had shoulders and would pounce with authority which made for a great time out there. Lots of smiles around the boat tonight! For those of you interested in taking a look, I have a few new photos up on my website from this evening's outing. Enjoy! We kept enough for a meal for them and caught and released the rest.

Also, it is worth mentioning that for those looking to hook into quantity and quality as September and October approach, I still have openings available for the full moon trolling bite on Mille Lacs or the Lindy Rig and redtail chub bite on Gull! Let me know if any of you are interested by firing me an e-mail at info@tightlinesguiding.com or giving me a call at 612-756-2184.

Good luck and we'll see you on water!

TTT