Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
backlash

First timer

1 post in this topic

Just wanted to tell you guys how good it is to read the posts from this site! It is good to see sportsman sharing good information. I was on the fence about weather or not to come to Rainy lake. My wife and I have booked a houseboat trip for our anniversary next june thanks to reading your forum. Thanks for doin what you all do!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• ClamITup
      Up on red now and we cant find any eyes!! We leave tomorrow an was seeing if anyone can help us out with some action, feel free to pm me THANKS!
    • Vitreus
      Thanks for all the replies, we just ended up driving home (Duluth). Sorry I wasn't very specific on dates - we went up yesterday. Tried calling Pike Bay to no avail.    Hit the edge of a small reef and fished the rocks, transition, and sand. Two very small walleye were all we connected with.   Would have been nice to stay for the night bite, but got up early and did some trout fishing in the Duluth area this morning.   Tight lines.
    • eyeguy 54
      Smoked 8  up this weekend and really better than I thought they would be.  fillet fish leave skin on for brine 1/2 cup noniodine salt 1 cup sugar 1 qt water brine overnight rinse, pat dry and let sit out for an hour or so.  sprinkle with a seasoning if you like. I did lemon pepper on a couple and seafood magic on a couple.  have smoker heated to 200 put in smoked with a little cherry wood smoke 1 hour and done.  should be about 155 degrees internal.  nom nom nom ! ! !       
    • smurfy
      I have a BIL that lives south of there a bit. He says carnelian has lots of springs in it and wouldn't drive out there for no amount of money.
    • wookiemofo
      Out on the north end. 8", 15" and a 24" over night. I've lost about 8 so far off rattles. Not sure if I'm not getting a good hookset or what. I've tried horsing them in and babying... headshakes are dislodging the hooks.   any advise? I'd have 12 on the board had I not missed any!