Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iffwalleyes

Got my SD Pronghorn Tag wooho.

3 posts in this topic

I applied last week for a non res. pronghorn tag and by this week already the lottery was done and I got one. First year of applying. I have been applying for the last couple years in my home state ND and no go and don't expect one this year. I am pretty pumped to go and get me a speed goat. I will be hunting with a good friend in SD and hopefully thing will come together. All I know is the ND GNF could learn something from SD on how fast a lottery can be done. 5 days from the time apps were due the lottery was held not the typical month ND has taugh me to expect.

My boss and I also got drawn for the late season in NW Sodak Harding County west side. I can't wait. First time for us also.

bd

My brother and I hunted SD pronghorns 3 falls ago, and we also drew on our first try. It was a fun hunt, totally new experience for a couple of guys used to hunting whitetails in the northwoods. We each drew 2 tags(one antlerless, one goat), and each tagged our two 'lopes. My brother shot a very respetable goat(buck?whatever), mine was not what I was hoping for(though I missed a trophy) but still a thrill. In the area I drew for the landowners were boycotting the SD DNR, so they were allowing no access to private land. The public land hunting was a lot of fun, but you need to get a ways off the roads so you are away from the yahoos who drive up, jump from their cars and start blasting at herds unfortunate enough to be close enough to the road ways. Our most fun hunts were humping off the roads and spotting and stalking herds. It was fun. It was hot(80's). Bring lots of water, and have access to ice are my only suggestions.