Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpecialK

Weaver Lake in Maple Grove

9 posts in this topic

Anyone catching on this lake? I have a date that I am taking there on Sunday and wanna find out if we'll be talking more than catching.

Thanks

Haven't been out there yet with the canoe this year but there are some fish in there. Bass on teh weed edges and the occasional Muskie or pike. If you after the panfish you will have no problem catching them. If it is size your after, don't go there...

This lake sucks because the lake's property owners hate fishermen. They'll jet ski and water ski within casting distance of your boat..... no joke! I've never heard of too many nice fish being caught here either. The access is kind of lame too.

What about Fish then? Or is there another smaller lake close by?

if you're intent on staying in maple grove, you could try eagle. it gets a ton of pressure, but you can usually find a spot to fish on it. it's not too big either. bigger than weaver, but that's not saying much as weaver is just a mere puddle. depends on where you live though, and what you're after.

Doesn't have to be Maple Grove but I would like to stay off of large lakes such as WBL and would like to be around the Champlin, Plymouth, surrounding area. I was thinking about Linwood but that's a bit further than I really wanted to drive.

You dont have to worry about homeowners causing problems for you on Weaver(or any lake for that matter) if you get out early enough in the morning.

Weaver can be a pretty darn good bass lake if you ask me.

I have had some nice success there, but all of it has been in the morning on weekdays before the locals stir up the lake. I had a buddy who fishing there last year get basicly ran off the lake by the locals, they were running their boat around him and would not leave until he finally just gave up.

Thanks for all the input guys. We decided to try Bald Eagle instead. Its got a ton of structure and many humps. We're not getting out until around 8am so hopefully we'll get a couple of hours in before any rec boaters get to it and it looks like there are some bays as well.

I'll post back and let you know how we did.