Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCUMFROG

Kettle lake in Oakdale?

9 posts in this topic

I think that's what it's called. Hwy 36 goes over it, off 35E. What's in that lake? How do you get to the ramps? Any special rules?

It's Keller Lake. You access it on a little ramp of of Arcade just north of 36. You can also get on Gervias with this ram.

How do you get on Arcade?

Hwy 61 is the same as arcade - Its been a while but I think so on 61 then right at first chance then right again and go back under 36 - look around a little - u can see the boat access from 36 on the no side. Excellent bass lake and a few skis also!!

I'm going to try and hit it before it get colds crazy.gif

You can take County Rd C west from Hwy 61 to Keller Pkwy and turn left. Or you can take Roselawn Ave west from Hwy 61 to Arcade St and turn right.(first right)

Your best bet for bass/muskie/walleye is going to be around the point on the east side of the lake. Basically, right when you get out of the channel, directly to your right on the mian lake.

I have had a couple 2 ski days (nothing bigger than 36", but fun) and a day where my and bro got two twin 21" eyes. The point goes out quite far under water into the lake, and is really sort of the only main structure in the whole darn lake. There are little points and humps, etc. but nothign else on that scale.

That is the lake I learned to fish rubber worms, and on our one trip this year, we caught a ton of bass on plastic. Still the best bait for bass on that lake.

Also got a 38" pike several years ago (released) so there is potential for some biggies smile.gif

Have fun! Quite busy lake, but not early in the morning.

Try the carp fishing if the bass are not hitting. I did it a couple of weekends ago and it was a lot of fun on a very hot day when I did not feel like working for bass.

Box - Do you and your brother hunt geese during the early season? If you two have any open space in a field, can I come along? Still working on Pam for the new boat but it is not looking too good. I may need to start looking at used boats.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Our one close field is not allowing anyone to hunt this year, bummer. They are afriad of liability since the value is now up so high, and the surrounding retail areas are closing in. So that stinks. Oh well. I don't have any other near by permission. Have to work on that for next year.

I doubt I will go early season this year. We could go up west at buddies near Fergus, but I will prolly be at lake fishing smallies smile.gif If you are interested in that, Erik might be coming up for a day over labor day, and prolly has room.

Otherwise going to NoDak next weekend to do a little work and buddies place, and hang out with our friends who farm up there. If interested in NoDak hunting in real season, that might work. About $100 for license, but no lodging cost anymore, and about 18,000 acres from just our friends, much less the rest of un-posted areas.

Talk to you later. I just painted a new duck boat I got, and will keep that around here this fall. 14'

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• if you ever need another shooter let me know I would be down to shoot with you

• FrazerBay

Posted

Like the food and like the menu. Like the fact there are places to eat on the lake and will continue to support them.

• delcecchi

Posted

Thanks, cigar guy.   Might check into it next year.  Or maybe not.   They always used to have some expensive entrees but we just ignored them.   

Even 12 for a burger is sort of high for the area, but the view is worth something.   Probably stay with the Crescent.   I don't see how there are enough tourists for the landing to make it. 

• jigginjim

Posted

I have put my guide clients on lots of pike this summer. So far largest bass is 21"- 5lbs  Pike 36" Approx. 8-9lbs, Walleye is 23 inches 3lbs. The walleyes will get better as the water cools. Time to start jigging, everything you got. I'm even started using my crankbaits.

• bassbouncer

Posted

I'm a local and yes we boycott the place. Friends have been told that they aren't wanted there that they only want the tourist business. Wife and I boat to Wolf Bay when we go out. We live 2 miles from the landing and wish it was still run by Jack.

• RoosterMan

Posted

Well I made a decision to put the trolling rods away and go do some jigging.   It seemed to be a good one.  I concentrated on rocky transition areas.  I had three slot fish in an hour.  Went back in for some VC pizza and picked my kids up and went back out for a evening trolling run and that produced as well.  You have to love this lake.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 people like this
    • CigarGuy

Posted

We have friends up and they wanted to take us out for dinner, via the boat.  With the wind, the only place was the landing, I tried vetoing It, but lost out.  Had $12.00 burger and fries.  Very good and the service was fast-only 8 others in the dinning area and a few at the bar.  I checked the prices on the wings-$16.00 for 1-1/2lbs.  Del, they had a pretty good burger menu.  I asked about the 20% off deal and the waiter blew me off and said he didn't know anything about it.  I asked who I should talk to, he said the manager or the owner.  We paid the bill and left without asking.  I liked it a few winters ago when they had ,25 wings and 2.00 beers.

• knoppers

Posted

seen enough grouse to keep me interested, lots of turkeys, seems they and the deer are everywhere this fall. did not here much shooting from the duck hunters though.

• ANYFISH2

Posted

First off I am not a waterfowl hunter, so this info is second hand.

Here in the Morrison/E.Todd cty area, the hunt really seemed slow considering the weather conditions.  Although a few birds were shot early in morning the day seemed slow by most accounts around here.

Good luck to all.

1 person likes this
    • she's getting big

• ZachD
      if you ever need another shooter let me know I would be down to shoot with you
    • FrazerBay
      Like the food and like the menu. Like the fact there are places to eat on the lake and will continue to support them.
    • delcecchi
      Thanks, cigar guy.   Might check into it next year.  Or maybe not.   They always used to have some expensive entrees but we just ignored them.    Even 12 for a burger is sort of high for the area, but the view is worth something.   Probably stay with the Crescent.   I don't see how there are enough tourists for the landing to make it. 
    • jigginjim
      I have put my guide clients on lots of pike this summer. So far largest bass is 21"- 5lbs  Pike 36" Approx. 8-9lbs, Walleye is 23 inches 3lbs. The walleyes will get better as the water cools. Time to start jigging, everything you got. I'm even started using my crankbaits.
    • bassbouncer
      I'm a local and yes we boycott the place. Friends have been told that they aren't wanted there that they only want the tourist business. Wife and I boat to Wolf Bay when we go out. We live 2 miles from the landing and wish it was still run by Jack.