Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lund2025

Fishing Report---Canadian Side

1 post in this topic

We fished on the Canadian side from 8/5 thru 8/11. All in all, fishing was pretty good for us. We concentrated on walleyes and caught lots of slot fish and a dozen or so over the slot with the largest being 26". We didn't do alot of running. We concentrated on 3 or 4 spots and worked them hard waiting for the fish to come to the tops of the reefs and feed. Probably not the most exciting way to fish but fairly productive for us. We concentrated on reefs in Swell Bay near the Bears Pass Bridge and also some of the reefs in the lower part of RedGut. Jigs and rigs with crawlers and leeches. Long snells, 7-8 feet seemed to work best. Stayed at Coppens Resort. Great accomodations and great people. I would highly recommend it.

Also, stopped in to see both Fishmeister and Tearin' Lips on Friday the 4th. Unfortunately, I missed both of you. Maybe next time.

This was my first time at Rainy. You guys have a great lake and one I hope to return to often. Thanks for all the pre-trip advice I got on this board. It really helped.