Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRZ

Summer Fish House rental

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good resort to rent a fishhouse during open water. I have been staying at one place that charges 43$ pernight for 2 guys and it is about as rustic as it comes and they do nothing to prepare the place for occupancy( this time there was busted glass and garbage on the floor, and only one very small light worked). mad.gif I would think 20$ would be more reasonable considering there is no water,bedding,TV or anyhting else for that matter.

In the past I have stayed at Dickies in the SE corner. He used to only charge $10 a night. They were the ice houses that had been pulled up on shore. There not fancy but if your simply looking for a bunk, electricity, and roof over your head there ok. Otherwise now I have been staying at the red door, $45/night and a protected harbor for your boat. Not a bad deal.

I am almost positive Barnacle’s rents their house’s out in the summer for a very nominal fee as well.

Dickies is owned by the younger McQuoid now and they don't rent out houses in the summer anymore i suppose so people will pay much more to stay in their hotel, Which doesen't make sense to someone who just needs a bed for about 6 hours, after fishing till midnight or 2 am. I will check out Barnacles, thanks