Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Super Black

Fishing Report August 3-6

4 posts in this topic

Rainy again treated us well. I was up with my wife and two friends from Kansas City. The two from KC had never experienced Rainy Lake before and they got to see the lake at its finest. Walleye fishing is still excellent. We found fish on the reefs in 20-25 fow. Only used crawlers since the bait stores in Fort Francis did not have any leeches!! Was kind of disappointed to say the least. Crawlers and harnesses produced tho. Found lots of dead smelt on the surface and the huge bait balls were found in the deeper main lake basins. Northern fishing was fantastic over the deep water. Most fish were in the 30-36" range. Lots of fun for people who don't get to fish all that often. The Gal from KC had never caught a walleye before and her first fish was a 27"er. She did end up with one a 28". I just can't get over the fisher Rainy has become. I've been going up there for 20 years now and just continues to improve.. SB

29"

RainyAugust3-6003.jpg

28"

RainyAugust3-6014.jpg

Wife's 27"er

RainyAugust3-6018.jpg

Long swim for this half racker!

RainyAugust3-6024.jpg

Nice fish Super Black, looks like you guys had an awesome time, those are some nice pictures of beautiful walleyes.

Take Care! grin.gif

Thanks Tearin, You guy's are the luckiest sob's with that fishery right outside your door!!

LOL!! grin.gif Yeah we know!