Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Cat Dad

Cats Incredible Roll Call

11 posts in this topic

Who is in this year? I'm sure everyone is tight lipped right now....but any fishing reports from this last week. Good luck to everyone participating in THE best Catfish tournament in the States.

I'm in for the moment. I will be maken my choice by Tuesday on weather I drop out or fish. River is just getting to shallow for my boat and I can't afford to bust anything when I have a trip booked for next weekend. I would love to fish it but don't have a smaller boat. O'well there is always next year. Good luck to all and be very careful on the river. Maybe see you at the weigh in

I'm in...low water or not! I'm just going to take it VERY easy. I was with a friend on the "north end" this past Sunday and he tore a huge hole in his lower unit. Needless to say, he's gonna have to find a new lower unit and prop before the tournament, but atleast we made it back to the launch. We probably hit bottom 20 times through out the day!

In a few places we actually bottomed out the boat on sand bars...IT'S SHALLOW!

Anyone fishing the north side, USE CAUTION. If your not taking it easy, your gonna have a lot of trouble. I guarantee it. (unless you have a river pro)...Then it would be really fun! grin.gif

As for the fishing, we caught ton's of fish between 19" and 25"'s. Plus one around 15lb's and another close to 10lb's. We didn't really fish for cats though. We were mainly out chasing Gold Eye.

Well I have been out on the Red for the past two days and hitting it hard, the bite is very tough. The North end is very low. I took the Film crew out on the Norht end today with their 22 foot Ranger..... It was put put put.. hit bottom twice.. many places are only two feet deep.

We did not pound the fish to say the least. Many boats we spoke to were having the same luck. It is going to be a Morning fish. that first two hours are going to be critical. We did get some big fish but the weight was way down. One was a 37" cat with huge head.. Weighed only 8#. that is unreal.

Gonna be a challenge.

Rusty who were you out filming with?

North American Fishing Outdoors. NAFC.

Should be an awesome show, I will post when I hear it will be showing. Will be some time next summer I think.

Sounds good I will be looking forward to seeing it.

Well Cat's is done.......... sigh sigh.......... Im pooped..

Now start praying for a slot in next years lottery.

Your pooped? I finally got home!

Had to stop in Fergus Falls, Alexandria, & St. Cloud to replenish the coffee. blush.gif Waking up at 4:30am back to back days coupled with run & gun fishing really can wear a guy out!

Off to bed. Gonna need a few days off I think!

How did ya do Rusty? Are the standings posted yet?

I bet this was a interesting year for the CI event.

We pooped our chances the first morning by turning back some nice fish..and we could not replace them.. Hind sight is always 100%.... sigh sigh.........