Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
OrionsX0

dead down wind

OrionsX0    0
OrionsX0

Has anyone ever used it? Is it worth the money? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

harvey lee    13
harvey lee

I personally dont use any of the wash products for your clothes.My wife washes my clothes with out soap and then I will place my clothes in a bag of leaves from the area that I hunt in a bag and let them soak up that smell of the area.Another thing I will do while walking to my stand if there are cattle in the area is to walk through the cattle dung and get it on my boots to help reduce my scent from my boots.I have no idea if this works as only the deer would know.I just try to reduce my scent as much as I can.

One can also let your clothes sit outside for a few days to reduce any household scent they pick up while hanging around.Dont use scented soap while you hunt or hair shampoo,after shave or anything that has a scent to it.This will also help reduce your scent from your body.You can even take it to the point where you watch what you eat during hunting season to help reduce the odor that your body releases.Probably the most important thing to do while hunting is to put the wind in your favor.

They always seem to come up with a new gimik to sell hunters to reduce scent.You can do alot yourself without spending alot of money.

I am not saying these products dont work,just that there are other ways to do the same thing.Some people will do all the good things and put there clothes on that were in the house while cooking food.Now you smell like a kitchen so what you did to your clothes wont matter.

Finlander    0
Finlander

What gets me about scent elimination in general is no matter how clean and scent free I am and how slow I walk to my tree stand in warm or cold weather with minimal cloathing on, I will be sweating big time by the time I am situated in the stand. Most of the time I am dripping sweat so I know the deer can smell the sweat!

I guess staying scent free all over your body helps as you walk to your stand at least, but I will be sweating for sure by the time I place an arrow on my bow rest. confused.gif

chucker34    0
chucker34

"I am not saying these products dont work,just that there are other ways to do the same thing.Some people will do all the good things and put there clothes on that were in the house while cooking food.Now you smell like a kitchen so what you did to your clothes wont matter."

Ditto. I wash everything in baking soda and water in the washer, hang the clothes out to dry, and then keep them in one of those giant ziplock storage bags with leaves and dirt. I wash the clothes after every 5-6 hunts but I am usually wearing a base layer underneath that gets washed more often.

FL SNIPER    0
FL SNIPER

Not sure if this helps all the time...but I spray myself down prior to walking in the woods...and then I'll give myself another spray over when I'm at or in my stand.

Can't hurt...so I do all I can to stay scent free. The clothes and boots in a giant container is a must!

delmuts    19
delmuts

fin! i have that problem too. some of the things i have done to help are; give yourself a little more time to get to your stand, and sneak/stalk in and stop once in a while to cool down. another thing i do is too keep all hunting clothes, and clean regular clothes in a plastic bag. then part way to the stand i will change.( i use a back pack to carry most of my stuff anyway.)

i spray my clothes with a scent eleminator,then hang them outside for a few day. then place them in a plastic bag with leaves etc. i hunt from the ground only!! and this has helped me over the years.

BLACKJACK    3
BLACKJACK

To avoid sweating so bad, carry most of your clothes to the stand and then put them on. Give yourself more time so you can stop and cool off. And get into better shape.