Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
fishman

Alex Marine

fishman

Have heard that some has bought Alex Marine in Alexandria.

Any idea who?

mnteacher

Heard a rumor a couple weeks ago that Crystal-Pierz was interested. Don't know if they bought it or what. I do know that Alex. Marine does not sell Crestliner or Lund anymore.

fishinphilth

My dad was there this weekend and got oil for the boat and the guy said the bank is shutting it down on saturday the 12th. Not sure why, but he paid about half price for the oil and filter.

Woodland

New owner takes over on Saturday. They are tight lipped about who it is. They were way too deep into Aluminum boat inventory, rumor is that they were paying nearly $20k a month in interest payments to carry thier Lunds and Crestliners on the lot.

It doesn't sound like the new owner is a Crystal Pierz or other large dealer, I hear its an individual in the Miltona area. Hopefully the new owner will be successful!

I suppose we can watch for some official news in the next week or 10 days!

MLaker2

That's tough. Hope they keep the guys in the shop. They were always good to me. I had a hard time with the sales staff to even get someone to talk to. I was shopping for a $25,000 rig, some guy looking for quarters sent me out to the lot to look by myself, I come back in and waited around for 15+ minutes and couldn't get anyones attention so left, bought a rig elsewhere. I never even got a quote. Same thing happened to my fishing partner. Also a gal friend of mine went in to look at a high end fiberglass pleasure boat and didn't feel they would give her the time of day because she was a woman and didn't bring her husband. She saw the boat she wanted and would have written the check too, but felt put down.

Compare that to a car dealership where you aren't on the lot 2 minutes and they are asking to help you.

Doufish2

Crystal Pierz bought most of the stock. I was down there last Tuesday. They were not saying who may have bought it.

scaup

Crystal Pierz picked up only the Crestliners. The Lunds probably went back to Lund. There are some major changes comming from lund and probably chrestliner as well.

eyepatrol

I was just told by a Crestliner dealer a couple days ago that Mercury bought out Crestliner and Lund. The '07s that come out will now only be rigged with Mercury motors. Not to say that is why they took the inventory back, if they did, but just thought it would be a point of interest.

FZ

How long have you been sleeping? Brunswick (the parent company of Mercury, Bayliner, Cabo, Maxum, Sea Ray, Lowe, Princecraft, Triton, Trophy…) bought the Lund and Crestline two years ago. They stopped factory-rigging Lund and Crestline boats with Yamaha motors over a year now.

eyepatrol

I haven't been sleeping. I just haven't been in the market for a boat until this year. And all I'm saying is what dealers are telling me. So EXCUSE ME for putting out what appears to be old information! It's not like I give a ratsass anyway.

PerchJerker

Good answer!

iffwalleyes

Quote:

I was just told by a Crestliner dealer a couple days ago that Mercury bought out Crestliner and Lund. The '07s that come out will now only be rigged with Mercury motors. Not to say that is why they took the inventory back, if they did, but just thought it would be a point of interest.

Come on catch up with the times man grin.gifgrin.gif. Yes it is unfortunate for Yamaha but oh well. Mercury's biggest competition was Yamaha so buy out Lund and Chestliner don't offer your competitors pre rig and you start conering the market. Crystal Priez sells alot of suzuki now they had lots of Johnsons as well. Some place will still re rig a boat to have Yamaha on them. I think Hannays are still doing this. But you will have to pay the labor cost so it will be more.

FZ
stroker1

Alex Marine went bankrupt as of now it is shut down.

PerchJerker

That's funny, I talked to them a day or two ago and they were open for business, had sales guys there, service guys there, boat reps coming in, a new owner on board, etc. Didn't seem shut down to me.

Wayne Ek

Stroker1, where did you get that information. I was just in there 2 days ago and purchased a case of oil.

R Buker

New ownership would be good for them. I traded out motors there a few years back. Mine died just before a fishing trip and I was in need ASAP. It was one of the worst deals of my life and I got the impression the salesman was pretty happy about taking advantage of me in that situation.

Well, I never forgot it and told all my friends. I know of three people who bought brand new rigs and never even walked in the door after I told them my story.

I just bought a 2006 boat and motor yesterday. Trust me, I never even shopped there for it...

Randy

PerchJerker

Well, let me say I ordered a boat from them last year (in-laws home town). After shopping A LOT, taking my time, and working the deal for a month before I decided, Alex Marine beat everyone else on it. They were also the best and easiest to deal with, and the service in the last year has been excellent. Well worth the drive in my opinion.

I have a couple friends that have priced boats there too and it's the same thing, Alex Marine's price has been best and they've been the easiest to deal with.

stroker1

i have two fishing buds who work in the service department and the last i heard they were locking the doors. not saying things didnt change i havent talked to them in a month.

Cottco

Quote:

i have two fishing buds who work in the service department and the last i heard they were locking the doors. not saying things didnt change i havent talked to them in a month.

Stopped by there this afternoon - all doors locked - no lights - that was 3:00 PM. Noticed a nice burgandy corvette sitting on north side. Friend suggested I turn my boat business over to the guys in Carlos - Central Minnesota Marine - will look them up later this fall.

Wayne Ek

Finally, a day without a guide trip. Stopped by there this afternoon, no one around all doors locked and some of the floor boats gone frown.gif I think they are done.

eyepatrol

That's a shame. They had a couple nice Alumacrafts I was eyeing up on their website in the past. Seemed to be pretty reasonably priced too.

Maybe someone else will take over. I don't know what you have in Alex for dealers, but it seems to be, from an outsiders point of view, an area that could sustain a few dealers.

primetime49

I think the Lund dealer meeting is inAlexandria thia week.Can someone snoop around thats from area and give us all the latest>thanks

Central Bassman

Whatever happen with the marine???

fishman

The doors have been closed for several months. What was left in inventory has been cleaned out. Hate to see them go. There as been several lookers but nothing definite as far as I know.