Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danny61231

fishing rush, cross, or pokegama

9 posts in this topic

I am planning on going fishing on one of these three lakes next week and was wondering which one you all would recomend? We will most likely be fishing for bass but possibly walleye, northern, or pannies would work. I have never fished any of these lakes so any info you would be willing to give would be great.

Panfish are available on all the lakes. Bass are pretty scarce on Cross and Pokegama. Rush is a bit better. The walleye bite might be tough on all 3 this time of year. Though, you could hunt for a night bite. Northerns are incidental to any type of fishing you do on any of the lakes.

Whew.

One of these lakes was a real producer of Walleyes and nice Crappies on fishing opener in deep water.

Whew that was a good day.

Whew!

If your looking for crappies, I would go to pokegama right now. Did alot better there this past weekend then I did on rush. The water on pokegama is real green right now but if you use bright colored jigs and plastics, you souldn't have a problem.

Is there a boat launch up at the Crappie Flop on the north end of the lake that is accessible on Pokie? The launch at the south end can fill up fast on a weekend.

They do have a boat launch but I have not used it this year so don't know what kind of shape it is in.

There's a public access on the north end back in the north end slop bay.

Cool, thanks for the info!

I finally made it up to Pokie for a little panfish action on sunday. I was fishing a shoreline weed edge in the morning that produced some fast action for sunnies and few crappies on a ratfinke with a waxie and I also caught some on a pink/white minnie mite jig both under a float. The size starting getting smaller in the afternoon so I tried a couple other spots which produced a fish here and there so I came back to my first spot. The small fish were still there. I decided to entice the bigger fish with something a little better. I went to a small chunk of crawler which produced a few better sized fish. I made one more move which proved to be a good idea where I found some crappies and sunfish on the edge of weed covered hump away from the shoreline. Keeping the bait moving helped to entice some of the better fish.