Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Deitz Dittrich

Weed predictions.

Deitz Dittrich

Unless we get a ton of rain(not likely) in the next few days, the weeds on the lakes this year are going to be pretty rough! Expecially the curly pond weed in the Chisago Lakes area. Water levels are way down, light will penitrate to areas that havn't seen much light and the weeds will take off. This may help some of your best fishing areas and it may hurt.

how will you adjust to the weeds this year?

Ray Esboldt

I don't know Deitz, every year seems to be ripe with curlyleaf, or pickle weed as I've always called it. I guess it's just something I tolerate. I do like it bass fishing. I don't like trying to manuever through it, but I do like pitching in large pockets.

No doubt that fish use it - all fish, and that includes walleyes. The panfish really dig it. However, it is tough to bobber fish panfish in it. In fact, a 20 foot cane pole and some patience comes in handy while trying to work with it.

It's just like milfoil, but messier. grin.gif

FRESHWATER PETIE

Last year the weeds seemed to start out real thick,and in areas where weeds usually aren't. Then about early to mid summer the weeds started to back off (in some areas).

We might have a repeat of last year? The weeds do seem to be progressivly getting worse on most lakes. I don't remember it being this bad a few years ago. crazy.gif

deepportage01

I know what your saying with the weeds but if you plan on fishing green,chisago,ect.the weed are bad and have been since they put in the the over flow system 10-15 years ago.they put it in to keep water hight more consistant in the area. I dont think rain has as much to do with the weeds in this area it is more of a early spring thing[warmer water in the spring]when we have years with a late ice out the weeds are not as bad.