Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
lindylittlejim

Open water??

lindylittlejim

Anyone checked out the hutch area lakes lately?? I would think by late this weekend into early next week you will see some boats out. Clear by Gibbon, is completely ice free as of this morning!

Just curious on Stahls, Belle, MinnieBelle, Marion, etc.

Also is the river really high in Hutch?? Was thinking of trying for some crappies, but i would assume its pretty high?

thanks

SilverLakeBoy

That wind we had yesterday opened up pretty much everything

LMITOUT

Just took a drive north of town and saw that Stahls, Belle, and Erie are all open. Belle and Erie have their docks in already! Stahls may also but forgot to look. Jenny is open except for a bunch of slush on the south end that was pushed by the strong north wind today, so obviously no dock is in there yet.

This is the time of year when whitecaps are actually a welcome sight!

BendnSend

Tried Belle,Stahls,Minnie Belle and Jenny yesterday and over the weekend without much luck. Talked with a DNR agent at Jenny and he also has not heard of any luck really anywhere yet. He said most lakes the water temp is only in the low 40's. But if we keep having warm days like lately it wont take to long for things to pick up. I had heard a report that a few crappies were being caught on Belle though over the weekend.

eyechaser99

If you go to belle you might want to bring a pair of gloves and pliers, the bullheads are going crazy.

Ryan Berger

Yep seen a guy on shore catch 2 in a row,, fished the lagoon for 2 hours and only one bite, kind of depressing

friendlyfisher

Lundduck, go to the other side of the lake to get some fish. Actually I think I may have already seen you there?

Ryan Berger

nope not yet this year,, drove by the trap today and talked to a couple of guys,, not much biting one old guy said,,, found them on another lake though grin.gif

Phred52

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love fishing Walleyes and Crappies. I did see in a previous post that stated "the Bullheads are going crazy". I just have to think, If we had the mindset of 35 or 40 years ago, where going out and filling 2-5 gal buckets with Bullheads and bringing them home for a neighborhood fish fry (or fertilizing under the new maple trees) WASN'T a bad thing. Think of the female Bullheads that DIDN'T spawn!! No bullhead fry to predate on Crappie, Walleye or Sunfish eggs/fry. Not to mention the adults that also need to feed! Some of the BEST nights of early spring were spent on the south shore of Lake Jennie with a lantern and a line out for bullheads, And if, by chance the heads weren't biting, we'd just HAVE to catch those dirty Crappies that WERE, we'd take them in a pinch, too. You may agree or not, but we DID have much better Crappie and Walleye fishing on Jennie back then. It's just something to think about. Phred52

towtruk7

I agree with you Phred. When I was younger, back in Iowa, we would fish the Big Sioux. Any catfish or walleyes were brought home, but bullheads were cleaned and cooked on the spot. They aren't as bad as people would think. OK, now let's the Iowa jokes come flying on this one. smirk.gif

friendlyfisher

Towrruck, I dont even know where to start. grin.gif

Phred52

friendlyfisher.... Your AGE is showing!!! But then, so is MINE!! grin.gifgrin.gifshocked.gif