• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone used the new 4-stroke strikemaster??

tightlines

Question

I don't know if the new strike-lite 4 stroke was available last ice season, so thats the reason for the question. Also, whats your thoughts or opinions on this auger? To me it looks GREAT!! Kinda spendy, so does the old phrase hold true here, that "ya get what ya pay for"? Does this thing start OK when it's 10 below? Does it cut as fast as a 2 stroke? Any info would be greatly appreciated..

2 answers to this question

From what I hear only the "Blue Men" ran a few of these last year. I would wait a year and then see what the feedback is. If your looking for a light, fast, dependable auger look into the Nilsmasters. I have the 8" and its the fastest and lightest auger I have ever used. Worth every penny in my opinion.

tightlines

As of yet, I have not personally used the new StrikeLite but have talked to people who put this auger to it's test last winter. All were extremely impressed with the new auger and it's performance in all weather conditions. I was curious too about how quick the auger cut, and from what I heard it was a bit slower then the Lazers...but not by much.

The StrikeLite should prove to be another fine product from StrikeMaster!!